Did I get a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skiddy79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know I will get some “you should have waited” or “gotten more experience” replies but this deal looked too good to pass up. My wife and I are both going on our Discover Scuba dive this Saturday but I have already bought some gear. I figured if she or I don’t like scuba diving, we should be able to sell the gear here in HI. Anyway this is what we received:
Oceanic ISLA BCD
US Divers Titan 1st and 2nd stage with a US Divers Octo
Suunto pressure and depth guages
US Divers Matrix Wrist mount computer
Zeagle Ranger BCD
Zeagle 50D 1st stage with a Zeagle Tec ZX 2nd and a Sherwood Octo
Suunto Gekko with depth gauge
2 Ocean Reef Neptune 2 full face masks with NIRA regulators and quick disconnect hoses

I paid $600 for all of this plus $50 in shipping. All of this gear is used and I just took it to the LDS. They told me the US Divers Octo needs a rebuild ($34 plus parts), everything else is good to go.

How did I do? Was this a bad decision for 2 people just starting out?

Skiddy

You did great! Give yourself a pat on the back and safe diving!

You got totally scammed dude, I hope the stuff doesn't fall apart when you hit your first wreck.

Does the answer really matter at this point? You got the stuff, go dive.

Hehehe fair enough. I guess I just wanted to show the wife that I was right.... this time.

You did not get a bad deal.

Maybe a good deal. Depends if you like the FFM.

A lot of gear for a discover scuba class, so hopefully it works out.

We are not taking it to the Discover class. We will use it for our OW cert. does this look decent for beginners? I have seen a lot of various opinions about the Ranger on the forums. I can’t seem to find much about the Isla. It is kind of difficult to get a decent idea of the used gear market, looks like it is very regional.

The Ocean Reef Masks are like 800 each new. You could sell them both for 500 each, get your money back, and have enough left over to pay for much of your OW class. That the LDS said only the octo needed rebuilt tells me you have a good shop that is not going to try and screw you over. Stick with them.

Back
Top Bottom