Did you attend the dive show and what did you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Pete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I thought I would ask for everyone's opinion about the dive event last weekend at Lake Pleasant. In my view I thought it was a huge success for a first time event and I hope that it not only is presented again next year but that it is larger as well as longer. Everyone at our shop had a blast setting things up on Friday and meeting everyone on Saturday. Plus a lot of us came home with some great prizes! So did you go to the show and what did you think? What did you like about it and what can be done next year to make it better.

Pete

I thought the show was well done for the first attempt at it. A big improvement could have been made on advertising the show to attract more non-divers. It seemed that the majority of the attendees there were either affiliated with a shop, working the show, or already certified divers there for the events.

I also agree that spreading the word to non-divers would be a huge improvement and some of the LDS's could have probably done a better job of advertising it themselves. I tried to spread the word on a few places that were primarily diver oriented.

All in all though, I think it was a great success - and had a ton of fun myself. I haven't dove three tanks in one day in quite a while! The timeframe that was chosen was also good - as the lake is starting to warm up, so its not so bitter cold, but, its not to hot as far as the weather goes.

One word of advise - for painting the rocks I think I'd let them dry a bit longer (this is not due to my experience - just what I witnessed) for the treasure hunt.

Organization could be a tad bit better - but - it wasn't bad at all!

I had a good time. I'm not sure that the show reached it's target audiance. I agree with other comments that the show should have been better advertised to reach non-divers, and the more casual divers. A lot of the folks at the show seemed to be the same group that dives at pleasant already.
I enjoyed it though. and would do it again. Just not sure the vendors got what they needed out of it.

I would like to see the show go Sat & Sun as I always work Sat and its not easy to take off. I know there are alot of people working here @ intel that Dive and we all either work Sat or Sun depending on our shift. just my 2psi I wish I could have been there.:(

I agree more advertising to the general public would have been a good thing and I would like to see a two day event next year also. Just so everyone knows we were working on very short notice, hopefully we will have more time and help next year. As far as the rocks go, we painted about 25 rocks weeks in advance to cover our prizes and a few others. We asked a group to paint a few more on Friday due to the increase in prizes and I don't think the rocks had enough time to dry fully before they were set Saturday AM. Any comments are greatly appreciated and I will make sure they get forwarded at our next meeting.

I had a great time and hope that next year it can be extended to a two day event. Maybe include a Saturday night dive with underwater speakers playing something like Pink Floyd and colored lights teathered between the bottom and the surface. (Not that I've put much thought into it)

Organization could have been better. Every time I asked somebody a question, nobody seemed to know anything and kept refering me to somebody else for an answer. Since Inland isn't my LDS, I didn't know who to go to. I know that it will be better next year.

One suggestion is to set up the dive shop booths on the south side of the road instead of backing up to the lake. I wanted to do some fun diving but I felt like I had to cut through the booths to get to the water. We finally went to the far end by the boat ramp and dove from there. We had a great time though. Overall it was a good day. Thanks for having it.

I enjoyed the show and thought that for the first go around it came off quite well. More publicity next time may help. Also, I think that some of the details were a little sketchy and when people got there things were different than originally anticipated. Does anyone have any idea how many people attended?

Not sure about total attendance but there were about 40 divers that stayed around and participated in the treasure hunt. I saw about a dozen other visitors throughout the morning that came and left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom