Difference between the i3 and i3 Sunrise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StevenP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there, could you please let me know what the differences are between the i3 and the i3 Sunrise masks? I've been to the Mares website and the 'features' section reads the same for both. I've flipped back and forth between pics of both masks and can't really tell the difference.

Thanks for your time.
Steven

Steven, I can't help with the difference..but the best way to find a mask is to try it on in person and make sure it fits correctly.

I prefer a low volume, frameless style..but everyone has a preference.

Yes, I know that trying masks on is the best practice, but if you could look at the stuff that is available in shops around Boston...well, you'd see why I'm online.

I bought a Promate three window mask with a purge valve and even though I have a rather large head/face it fit like a glove. But, I sort of discovered that I wasn't a fan of the purge valve on a mask. They seem easy enough to purge without a valve. So, in my continued search for a mask I like...I've read some great reviews of the i3 mask. DUH: I finally read the description on the Mares website all the way through....the Sunrise is a little bit wider to fit a potentially Asian face. BINGO...just what I needed to find out. I guess I should read things more clearly before posting questions! Sorry!

Ahh, You beat me to it. The frame of the mask is the same on both, only the skirt is a little wider and shallower on the Sunrise version. They both fit great, but if you feel you tend to lean towards a wider face; I would try the Sunrise skirt first.

Best regards,

Thanks Zak...I ordered one today in all black. I figure the black skirt and three windows will give me a great focused view.

I'm really hoping I can take it out for a spin (with my Volo Race fins) soon. I've got to tell you, I have little experience with fins but, I've been pouring over the options in the local dive shop and I've read what must be thousands of reviews...I'm already in love with those darn fins! They're so gorgeous I could just hang them on the wall and just look at them.

I know that when I take my next real snorkeling trip in November (counting the days) I will be proud to wear Mares gear. Thanks for offering such fantastic stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom