Differences between twin jet and twin jet max

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StevenP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there, I've picked up a pair of Scubapro Twin Jet fins...but all of a sudden all I see are reviews for the Twin Jet Max fins and those reviews are stellar. I'm going to be going on the occasional warm water snorkeling trips for now...and I'm on the fence between returning the twin jets I have (never used them) in favor of the twin jet max if only because of the re iews I've seen. ARE they really that different?

For snorkeling is better to use paddle fin, not split fin, i have a jet max and very happy with them, use them for diving

Cool. I thought, after reading reviews all over the place that these might have been good for a novice. I do have a pair of Mares Volo Race full foot fins that I bought on a whim.

The biggest difference is the Twin Jet Max have hard panels, whereas the Twin Jets are a tad floppier. The Twin Jet Max have a little more Umph! to them than teh Twin Jets. I taught in Twin Jet Max's for a couple of years,... loved them. Either would make a decent snorkeling fin.

Gosh, I guess I should have known not to ask these kinds of questions...particularly about split fins. Thanks tstormdiver for the answer to my original question.

Though, I'm on the verge of just returning the pair of Twin Jets and selling my pair of Volo Race fins. I'm getting beyond frustrated over the different camps on fins...that split fins suck for snorkeling or that they're grand.

At this point I'm just about to rent whatever is available on my trip.

Basically Steven, try a few pairs on, if you can & use whatever is most comfortable & does the best job for you & the type of snorkeling/ diving you want to do. Diving is not a "one size fits all" sport, though some would like to make it that way. We are all individuals & what may or may not work or one person, may or may not work for another.

Stephen,
Many divers and snorkelers all have varied opinions on fins, their performance and favorite manufacturer. The Twin Jet fins you purchased have been successfully in our fin line for many years and are suitable for both diving & snorkeling. For snorkeling, I would recommend these over the Twin Jet Max sinc the TJM is much stiffer and a bit heavier; not as ideal for snorkeling.

Thanks Harry. These opinions sort of feel...well, close to the battle between Apple products and Samsung. Not pleasant at all. I'll really have to watch my questions...and my expectations of the answers. (grin)

Sorry if this is a hijack, but how do the TJMs compare in stiffness to the Black Twin Jets?
( I bought a pair of the black twin jets, shortly after they first came on sale, because they felt stiffer than the gray. I use them, and like them.)

Stephen,
Many divers and snorkelers all have varied opinions on fins, their performance and favorite manufacturer. The Twin Jet fins you purchased have been successfully in our fin line for many years and are suitable for both diving & snorkeling. For snorkeling, I would recommend these over the Twin Jet Max sinc the TJM is much stiffer and a bit heavier; not as ideal for snorkeling.
Hello ..sorry to bug you ..scubapro fins ..seems there are 3 choices I need to pick from .. The standard "twin jet" ..the twin jet speed and the twin jet max ... Just getting back into diving after a 15? year layoff (burnt out dive boat capt.) I have always used Mares Power Plana ...Now at 68 years old they seem a little hard to kick with ..almost got a cramp on 1 dive .. Like to have some easier to kick fins and am thinking of the regular black Twin Jets .. Can you please enlighten me on the difference in the 3 models ? Thanks ..Sorry this is so long ... Pic of me in Islamorada Buddy Dive Shop ..mid 80's

Attachments

• 20230108_175637.jpg
    20230108_175637.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 44

Back
Top Bottom