***Difficult women warning***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBaby

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, hope your sitting down!

Belushi wants to go to Malta in January, but its wet even when your not in the water, its cold and I am not too keen on going on holiday to be cold when I can pay zip to be cold in the UK!

We dont want to spend loads at the moment, but we do need to get away on holiday.

The requirements:
Some reasonable diving
A reasonably warm place (ie. bikini weather.....not for belushi!)
If I can get away without a drysuit all the better
Not too expensive
For a week!

Any ideas.....I have been looking round the web but its not as good as getting really reccommendations!

Several places in Bonaire are running specials for under $500 for a week through Dec 15th.
Don't know about airfare from the UK.
Rick

I'm afraid Abby that's the big downer with the Dutch Antilles. You can only go scheduled with KLM minimum flight cost £450. Have you thought about the Canaries? should still be 75 degrees over Christmas, there was a good write up on the islands in one of the dive mags about 4 months ago. Alternatively if you can stretch to say £800 each you should be able to get out to Tobago inclusive of diving. I was there 3 years ago, Although I was not diving then many other guests were and said how exciting it was and also the island was cheap if you eat, drink outside the hotel. sort of 30p a local carrib beer £4 a meal. I allways consider my budget to include spending money that way you realise that many times it's just as cheap to spend 2 weeks in the Far East as it is a week in Europe.

Neil

Rick

Do you know which companies?? Sounds interesting! Unfortunately Dec 15th is Belushis mates 40th so it might be tricky but I'd be interested to see if they have anything else.

Neil, I was actually looking at the Canaries but I have never been so I thought it would be best to get some info from people who have actually been! The pics look lovely but they are trying to sell it to be so i never trust them!

I've heard good things about the canaries - even read an article on it recently and if I can remember where I'll let you know.

I know people from our club (in Croydon) go there and love it. Also one of our DM's lives in Mallorca during the winter months and loves the diving there - the club are off in Novemeber.

Jonathan

:wink: hi again, how about Barbados, dead cheap this time of year, £300 for a week, (teletex) weather hot!!!!!!!! 86c, food cheap if eat in local bars with locals, £4, bring your own rum and coke lol, but try and keep out of the Med far to cold this time of year , good luck in searching. scubachick::D

Scubababy,

It was Rodales that the article on the Canary Islands was - about the only decent English language dive mag I can get my hands on out here and my Diver subscription seems to have gone missing.....

Check out the link ( as I know it is not the common in the UK)

http://www.scubadiving.com/travel/canaryisl/

Have fun, whereever you go

Jonathan

I didn't save any of the emails, but one of them was from Bon Bini Divers and Lions Dive - folks I've been diving with several times and that I can recommend with confidence.
You can ask at info@bonbinidivers.com
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom