Digital Camera Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman!!!!!!!!!! Can you use your connections to get something set up?

Okay time to ask again. Can somone with the "proper" contacts see if we can set up a reef someplace to practice? I have tanks not too (YIPPIE) so I really can do a pool thing.

Also will the chlorine in the pool hurt the housing?

I will be heading over there around the first of the week, probably Tues to jump in the pool. I have a second strobe I need to get used to as well as a second close up lens. My sister will be there to to play with my backup camera and housing. Not sure the exact time. I will be calling Gypsy to clear it. Maybe I'll be able to catch up with some folks. I'll post if I have any details. Maybe we can have an impromptu gathering.....

OUCH!!!
My sister and I went to the pool and worked with our cameras. Hers had a problem with moisture that we could not figure out, mine was fine. When we went to pay, it was 60.00 for both of us! We used the pool and two tanks. All other gear was ours. I have never had to pay more than 10.00 before and was pretty surprised. Just be aware as there must have been some change in charging (or maybe I was given a really low price before). Not sure if I will be able to afford to practise there in the future.

Oh my, that would be a shocker. They should have told you up front. I am sorry to hear that.

Allison Finch:
OUCH!!!
My sister and I went to the pool and worked with our cameras. Hers had a problem with moisture that we could not figure out, mine was fine. When we went to pay, it was 60.00 for both of us! We used the pool and two tanks. All other gear was ours. I have never had to pay more than 10.00 before and was pretty surprised. Just be aware as there must have been some change in charging (or maybe I was given a really low price before). Not sure if I will be able to afford to practise there in the future.

I think someone screwed up here.

They normally charge non-members $15 to use the pool for this type thing. Probably $6 to $8 for a tank - so it should have been worst case $46. I would have thought $30 and no tank charge??? Who knows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom