Dining near Pt. Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric gundrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where do people like to eat (and drink) after a day of diving at Point Lobos?

I'm especially interested in vegan-friendly eateries with good beer. But, when push-comes-to-shove, the beer may matter more. :wink:

DG Burgers in the Crossroads shopping center is pretty good

It's actually R.G. Burgers (as in "Really Good Burgers"), but if you R.W. veggies, your best bet may be to head into downtown Carmel, or pick something up by the Crossroads Safeway on the way to wherever your party is eating.

Not sure about vegan friendly..but for a nice beer selection(they have Boddingtons on tap!) and great staff, I usually head to the Bulldog Pub on Lighthouse..right scross from Bamboo Reef! Easy to get a fill when you are done and you are all set for the next trip!

Chevy's has been closed for quite some time...

Tillie Gort's in Monterey is the only vegetarian restaurant I know about.

There is Cornucopia Community Market
26135 Carmel Rancho Blvd, Carmel, CA 93923 Right off Highway 1 on the way to Point Lobos.

Also,
Whole Foods Market in Del Monte Shopping Center as well, not a restaurant but they do have a large selection of vegeterian freindly foods.

Last edited:
Not sure about vegan friendly..but for a nice beer selection(they have Boddingtons on tap!) and great staff, I usually head to the Bulldog Pub on Lighthouse..right scross from Bamboo Reef! Easy to get a fill when you are done and you are all set for the next trip!

I completely agree. I've enjoyed a a few pints while filling out my log book and discussing the dives with my buddy. I think I even found some vegan-friendly food on the menu. The beer choices definitely are worthwhile. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Tillie Gort's in Monterey is the only vegetarian restaurant I know about.

There is Cornucopia Community Market
26135 Carmel Rancho Blvd, Carmel, CA 93923 Right off Highway 1 on the way to Point Lobos.

Also,
Whole Foods Market in Del Monte Shopping Center as well, not a restaurant but they do have a large selection of vegeterian freindly foods.

These are excellent suggestions I was not aware of. Thanks much! :D

If you want to throw out the vegan requirement, English Ale's in Marina (right off 1) has some great Ales! All brewed on premise.

The Bull Dog has a great veggie burger as well as really good beer. Plus curry fries! Yum!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom