DIR and PONY's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis once bubbled...
is the potential for a burst-disc failure. While a tank neck O-ring can fail too, the gas escape rate is limited by the threads around the valve if it happens, and its more likely to be a leak than an explosively rapid gas loss.

A burst disk failure underwater could be very bad, but I don't know how common that possibility is. I have seen them fail while a tank was being filled, and at nowhere near maximum pressure, at one of the LDSs in the area.

Yes it isn't as robust as an isolated manifold but when I need doubles I use doubles. The most common failure is a reg/hose failure and an H-valve covers you for that.

I have never seen or heard of a tank nech O-rinf failing. I have seen burst discs go in the water but it was on over filled steel tanks. If the valve is maintained and the tank not overfilled it's pretty rare. I have seen yolk o-rings go a bunch of times and I don't use them for the most part.

Who cares what DIR says if you want to use a pony then use one this should be personal preference although I agree with Mike if you think you need extra gas dive doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom