DIR Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomaNitrogen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi DIR Guys,

Where do you attach a camera if not in use?

Camera not in use: clipped to left D-ring, cave line under the left armpit. Since camera is positive buoyant, it floats behind me, next to left post. This way its out of the way, off the ground.

But thats just me.

I posed for some UW photo shoots for GUE in the early days. Ron DeAmorim took the photos with a camera with two large strobes. He attached a clip to the hinge of each strobe arm and slung the whole thing like a stage bottle, albeit one he hugged the way you would hug a stage bottle worth several thousand dollars. <g>

Cameron

While I don't know the 'proper' way to carry a camera, I'd suggest that the right d-ring is a bad place for it since it could interfere with long hose deployment. I think clipping to the left ring is probably the best option.

DomaNitrogen:
Hi DIR Guys,

Where do you attach a camera if not in use?

Cameron basically covered this. There isn't a real good way to do it. The best method I have come up with is to have two clips on the camera and strobe arm so you can run it like a stage. Personally, I use one smaller SS clip of the same size as my backuplights on the body of the camera. On the end of a strobe arm, I have a small piece of bungee. I can attache a double ender to this bungee and to the left hip d-ring. The reason for the bungee is so you can pull it down past two stage bottles when hauling it into a cave for pictures. If you aren't using stages it could be tied on with cave line. I am not much of a photographer and probably wouldn't use this method (with stages) on a really expensive camera.

MM thanks for the input, i guess its a trial and error thing and it depands on the camera size i am using a small one no strobe's DONT HAVE THE MONEY YET,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom