DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Heisler (Laguna)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan to be there as well under the DIR Curious group... Thanks for organizing.

Looking forward to Leslie's baked goodies as well.

Who's coming?

DIR (has taken a GUE/UTD course):
1. ligersandtions - Nicole
2. xstephenx - Stephen
3. jenth - Jen
4. lobstah - Maciek (UTD instructor)
5. Ramsy - Walter
6. hsuan - Jennifer
7. Codyjp - Cody
8. Rainer - Christopher
9. SCUBA Q - Quintin
10. stargost - Cyrille
11. Steve Millington - Steve (GUE instructor)
12. leabre - Shawn
13. jastorino - Jamie
14. limeyx - Nick

DIR curious (has not yet taken a GUE/UTD course):
1. textilet
2. pfulks
3. Leejnd
4. Leslie
5. joethesci
6. Venom
7. OwenCA
8. Grover48
9. scubadobadoo
10. scobadobadoo's wife
11. formula1mb
12. Oside Jimc
13. peewee2472

We did a potluck / dive event at Heisler last weekend (well, some went diving....others chose to skip the surf and BS'ed on shore :wink:). We quickly found out that having beach / lawn chairs and some shade were absolutely necessary. Even though there are picnic tables, they were filled with food....and it was easier to just sit in chairs away from the tables.

A couple of us will be bringing ez-ups for shade, so that's taken care of....but if you want to sit, please do bring chairs for yourselves as we are not going to be able to provide nearly enough.

Hopefully conditions will settle down and we can get a couple nice dives in. Please do let me know if you have any questions or need any further information. I'm very excited about the positive response we've gotten and am looking forward to meeting and diving with many of you!

Nicole

Thanks for the tips Nicole! I'm working on the hubby - he might come as well. Although he's unsure - he says he's not interested in changing his gear, and wonders what the value is in having me go DIR (if I indeed decide to do that) if he doesn't.

As you can see, I have many questions - looking forward to getting them answered!

If you don't mind a newbie, I would very much like to join you guys to see what it is all about.

Thanks for the tips Nicole! I'm working on the hubby - he might come as well. Although he's unsure - he says he's not interested in changing his gear, and wonders what the value is in having me go DIR (if I indeed decide to do that) if he doesn't.

As you can see, I have many questions - looking forward to getting them answered!

You should encourage him to join as well. If for no other reason than to just check it out and see if he likes it, hates it, or is indifferent toward it. It's not for everyone, but I can almost guarantee that taking a class like GUE's Primer would help improve personal skills (buoyancy, trim, propulsion....back kicking is damn near required if you want to be a good underwater photographer....don't know if he's into that kind of thing, but maybe one way to appeal to him), as well as team skills and situational awareness.

If you don't mind a newbie, I would very much like to join you guys to see what it is all about.

We'd love to have you join us! I know there is at least one other person who has just a handful of dives outside of her OW class who will be joining us. You two will be off to a great start if you decide to do this right away, rather than waiting a while and learning bad habits, like some of us had to do :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom