DIR: The Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good Chris.

Okay, I'll push this towards the first weekend of October, in Seattle, dives TBD. We have time to plan, but if you are interested PM me with your email addy, I'll put an email list together for updates and the like.

Basic contours as I'd see them:

Saturday/Sunday for sure in terms of diving, and if people want to make things a bit longer, I am absolutely positive that the local community will come out to dive on other days as well. We'll do all we can to make this a worthwhile trip, and it should be fairly inexpensive if we can get people to host in their homes.

Ben_ca:
That should work for me... I'll put it on my calender.
Ben,

Will you be bringing your scooters? :eyebrow:

Rick Inman:
Ben,

Will you be bringing your scooters? :eyebrow:

FYI I own only 1 of the scooters in our little scooter Co-op.... and you can only borrow it if you wear Birkenstocks and eat tofu..... :)

There should be a couple more of the horde with scooters... Now if you guys can set up a charging station nearby and maybe an extra batt-ray nearby we can maximize the fun...

What do you need for a charging station, Ben?

Obviously, since this event's going to be in the Seattle area, my home's available for whatever use we can make of it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
What do you need for a charging station, Ben?

Obviously, since this event's going to be in the Seattle area, my home's available for whatever use we can make of it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just a regular household plug... we have tried some inverters but then you have to run the engine for a while while you re charge the batteries... If we have 2 batt's per scooter we can get plenty of scooter dives... question is will there be enough vis to scooter? :) Or should we put bumper guards and curb feelers on them? :)

H2Andy:
man, this sounds good ... if you let DIR-F graduates who use computers in

but you all are at the diametrically opposite corner of the country from me ... dang..
Now there are two of us. I have room for a few divers more in the tub.

Ben_ca:
Just a regular household plug... we have tried some inverters but then you have to run the engine for a while while you re charge the batteries... If we have 2 batt's per scooter we can get plenty of scooter dives... question is will there be enough vis to scooter? :) Or should we put bumper guards and curb feelers on them? :)
Vis in October is typically in the 15-25 foot range ... could be a bit better or a bit worse, depending on the weather.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sounds like fun, do we need an invite to come up? We folks from Norcal could carpool up. The trip can be made in about 12 hours. I might be able to find a place to stay up there too.

I'm still thinking that two "Gatherings" at the same time might be good for those of us 3000+miles away....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom