Disabled Divers International

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Do any of you have any input to offer regarding DDI as they are offering a course locally and I am considering attending.
Have any of you attended any of their courses, teach any of their methods or are disabled yourself and have been instructed by them.

Thanks
Terry

I have no experience with them. I would recommend the Handicapped SCUBA Association International (HSA) which has been around for over 33 years and is operating in over 45 countries. I have had a lot if fun teaching adaptive SCUBA.

Terry is in Malaysia. DDI has a presence in Malaysia. Does HSA?

I am not sure if this will be helpful but they do have a Diving with disabilities section.

MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) ? Index page

Edit: I posted before I looked it seems to be for DDI as well.

Edward Thank you, MUW forum looks to be open but as far as I can tell only those that registered years ago can access it and post. New registrations do not seem to be possible.
Pasley I will check to see if HSA are active here.
Regards
Terry

Hi Terry
I did my Instructor Cert with DDI but thru a school in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. They are a great organization and very thorough. All adaptive scuba agencies should be following the same certification rules and procedures. So you will be good. Yes I am disabled....one hand. I am a PADI MSDT and DDI Instructor. Enjoy school, have fun and be safe!
Jerrie

Do any of you have any input to offer regarding DDI as they are offering a course locally and I am considering attending.
Have any of you attended any of their courses, teach any of their methods or are disabled yourself and have been instructed by them.

Thanks
Terry

Jerrie. Thank you for your feedback. If I attend the course I will tell you how it went.
Terry

Back
Top Bottom