Disappearing threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of the original responses to the post in Advanced are now gone.
It’s kind of an odd thread. Guy is really insistent on getting that particular class. Almost like there’s something hush hush he’s trying to do. 🤣😂

I used to teach "no vis" course in the Long Island sound in NY, you can't see your dive lights light at an arms length u/w in the middle of the day. Had to stop teaching it because most students just got creeped out and scared to continue. The worst part that you didn't know if you are still swimming in water or actually sunk in the mud.

I used to teach "no vis" course in the Long Island sound in NY, you can't see your dive lights light at an arms length u/w in the middle of the day. Had to stop teaching it because most students just got creeped out and scared to continue. The worst part that you didn't know if you are still swimming in water or actually sunk in the mud.
I think, at that point, just find an aquarium that lets you do dives and call it a win. I’m fine with low vis, but what you’re describing is a bit too much for me 🤣

I think, at that point, just find an aquarium that lets you do dives and call it a win. I’m fine with low vis, but what you’re describing is a bit too much for me 🤣

It was too much for most people.

It was too much for most people.
Too much for me. I can barely tolerate swimming in the LI Sound. My mother-in-law has a summer home close to Port Jeff. Water looks great from the beach. Zero vis below 3 feet. No thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom