Discovery Channel SCUBA SURVIVOR STORIES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm producing for a Discovery Channel story and am looking for a great
SCUBA survivor story. Preferably, the story would be about a diver who got
left behind or an equally impelling survivor tale. We are going to have a person re-enact the surviving tale. Some great stories on these threads
but need to contact the divers directly! If you have a story please email
me at bestofcali2003@yahoo.com If your story is selected we would like to interview on camera.

Jame Hart

Why is a diver being left behind a great story? Don't you think it rather cruel and heartless to dramatize someone's near-brush with death? After all, the Discovery Channel is not the N******l En*****r.

By the way, I think you meant "compelling" instead of "impelling."

This is in the wrong forum, I think, and - I kinda' wonder about the validity. But that's why we have Mods. I'll ask one to look at it - and maybe correct me. :D

DandyDon:
This is in the wrong forum, I think, and - I kinda' wonder about the validity. But that's why we have Mods. I'll ask one to look at it - and maybe correct me. :D

Well, at least he's not asking for single, attractive divers... :wink:

Dramatization of scuba near-misses is not what the sport needs. Next thing some overzealous politician will jump on the "Open Water" bandwagon and introduce a crap piece of legislation that do more harm than good. This sort of publicity is bad.

jagfish:
Well, at least he's not asking for single, attractive divers... :wink:

LOL! GOOD ONE.

Foo

Here's an email I just sent the poster.

Hello James,

I saw your post on Scuba Board. I do not have a story to give you. Rather I would ask you to change your story line to one that will help the dive industry rather than harm it as the line your post would do.

Might I suggest something along the lines of the good work Project Aware does? How about something on handi-capped divers?

Please do not succumb to the sensationalistic attitudes of both our media and our government.

Sincerely,

Brian

Why would someone from the Discovery Channel have a yahoo email address?

Tom Az:
Why would someone from the Discovery Channel have a yahoo email address?
Really, it is possible. I have a friend here on SB who works for Discovery, and he tells me that they use a lot of independent contractors - like him. I'd ask to see this feller's work or references, though, before I gave him anything.

Not allowing TV in my home since 1988, I don't know much about Discovery Channel, but I don't think we need anymore Scuba Accident stories anymore than we do Car Accident stories. Driving to the dock is generally the most dangerous part of any dive day.

Back
Top Bottom