Discovery Channel SCUBA SURVIVOR STORIES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider yourself very lucky.

My dive buddy passed gas loudly off the coast of Point Reyes and attracted the attention of an amorous bull Elephant seal. Apparently the particular tone caused by a beef chimichanga bears an uncanny resemblance to their mating call. My friend suffered through a terrifying and humiliating 15 minute ordeal during which his drysuit and ego were severely damaged. Let that be a lesson to us all.

DandyDon:
Would you have a illustration of that hand signal? :blush:

I was in that same ocean in Novemer. It was wet! I hope I didn't hit your urincline.

LOL. Urincline.

All,

In the below email I used the term handi-capped. I have since been informed this is inappropriate and I would like to appologize to all whom may take offense to that term. I try very hard not to use offensive language in my communications.

Thanks

Brian

Quarrior:
Here's an email I just sent the poster.

Hello James,

I saw your post on Scuba Board. I do not have a story to give you. Rather I would ask you to change your story line to one that will help the dive industry rather than harm it as the line your post would do.

Might I suggest something along the lines of the good work Project Aware does? How about something on handi-capped divers?

Please do not succumb to the sensationalistic attitudes of both our media and our government.

Sincerely,

Brian

Hi Quarrior,

I think you made an honest mistake, "handicapped" has been a part of our language for a long time now, is still widely used, and I'm sure everyone understands that you meant absolutely no offense by the use of the term. My friend with a disability prefers the terms "physically challenged" and my personal favorite, "handi-capable." Good one, huh?

Foo

Yeah, this is what we need. Media coverage to make this seem like it is an epidemic in the dive community, to over sensationalize it to the public. ever hear the phrase. "nothing good can come of this."

RIDIVER501:
Yeah, this is what we need. Media coverage to make this seem like it is an epidemic in the dive community, to over sensationalize it to the public. ever hear the phrase. "nothing good can come of this."
100% agree

Hi All,

Here's the email repsonse I received from the originator of this thread.

Brian, great suggestion but I am not looking for those particular stories now. The post will remain unchanged.
Looks like it's time the huge number of member SB has start an email campaign to The Discovery Channel against this type of thing. A couple thousand emails nicely asking them not to pay for this type of trash might go a long way to stopping it in it's tracks.

Here's a link for sending comments to The Discovery Channel. http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

Brian

Quarrior:
Hi All,

Here's the email repsonse I received from the originator of this thread.

Looks like it's time the huge number of member SB has start an email campaign to The Discovery Channel against this type of thing. A couple thousand emails nicely asking them not to pay for this type of trash might go a long way to stopping it in it's tracks.

Here's a link for sending comments to The Discovery Channel. http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

Brian

I'd the send the objections to Mr Hart only.

DandyDon:
I'd the send the objections to Mr Hart only.
DD, interestingly enough, his email came back as Jim Hoffa, not James Hart as he has posted here.

I have laughed and smiled at many things written here on SB. But never have I laughed so hard as when I read Kev's "Tale of Horror". Thanks Kev.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom