Disinfecting second stages.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steramine .....
I think it @CaveSloth question comes from the article published this morning from DAN where it recommends Steramine.

But more controversial is the 10% Bleach that the article also recommends. There's divers that can't set their nitrox mix and you want them to hit a 10% mix to soak regulators (which are forgotten overnite in the tub while grabbing a few beers). So the regulator rebuilding tech opens the leaking reg and smells bleach. Warranty denied.

Comments?? @rjack321 @rsingler @couv

Article Link:
DAN Encourages Divers and Dive Operators to Disinfect Gear Properly - DiveNewswire

Just so everyone's clear, they mean standard bleach diluted 90%.
Clorox is what? 3% hypochlorite? It's not super strong Clorox that's being recommended, it's 0.3% hypochlorite. At least, that's how I read the article DAN cited.
But yes. Forget it for hours and you can't get rid of the smell. Plus, even diluted will degrade some of the plastics if you do it too long.

Steramine is going fast. I found some on Amazon, but you better order soon.

I think like 80% of people have HSV1 so I am trying to keep my negative status with that.
I guess you don't get kissed much.
:rofl3:

80%? Good heavens, where do you live?
You are aware that most cases of HSV1 are contracted as a child, and that most are asymptomatic?

:vomit:

You are also aware that if such a high percentage of those around you have HSV1 then it doesn't matter if they take your primary or not....they already have it, and don't get it twice.

I DO NOT HAVE HSV OF ANY KIND THEREFORE CANNOT GIVE IT TO ANYONE!!!!

Also, do you suppose that the movement of the reg from one mouth to another might possibly rinse it off the mouthpiece?

Insufficient.

There are also asteroids coming perilously near the earth; that is surely putting in you more jeopardy than a primary donate...unless you are out of air....

Don't make me do the math.

I think it @CaveSloth question comes from the article published this morning from DAN where it recommends Steramine.

But more controversial is the 10% Bleach that the article also recommends. There's divers that can't set their nitrox mix and you want them to hit a 10% mix to soak regulators (which are forgotten overnite in the tub while grabbing a few beers). So the regulator rebuilding tech opens the leaking reg and smells bleach. Warranty denied.

Comments?? @rjack321 @rsingler @couv

Article Link:
DAN Encourages Divers and Dive Operators to Disinfect Gear Properly - DiveNewswire

Bleach is also not great for any of the rubber in there, mouthpieces etc, so I'd recommend steramine. It's cheap under normal circumstances

I guess you don't get kissed much.
:rofl3:

AkBcEFA.jpg

BTW- DGX is currently charging suggested retail..... Other sources (restaurant supply) are half the price and gouging in shipping (more than the product cost). Amazon shows a 3x suggested retail cost...

Nice....

BTW- DGX is currently charging suggested retail..... Other sources (restaurant supply) are half the price and gouging in shipping (more than the product cost). Amazon shows a 3x suggested retail cost...

Nice....

DGX is also charging a sizable amount for shipping via UPS Ground, at 8.82, for a 9.95 purchase -- their cheapest option, by the way, at 89% or so, percent, of the 150 tablet bottle price.

UPS Next Day air, will only be about 302%, at 30.03 . . .

DGX is also charging a sizable amount for shipping via UPS Ground, at 8.82, for a 9.95 purchase -- their cheapest option, by the way, at 89% or so, percent, of the 150 tablet bottle price.

UPS Next Day air, will only be about 302%, at 30.03 . . .

Just buy $50 of stuff from DGX (easy!) and shipping is free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom