Disney's Dive Quest Report....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report, yes. Totally accurate.

When I did this at EPCOT (January 2006), I crashed someone's wedding. There's a banquet room people can rent out for things and I was over there, noticed a bride/groom dancing with their guests around watching (I assumed it was the "first dance"). I just kinda sidled up to the window and watched a little, then the photographer noticed, the couple noticed, and since they were smiling I waved and started to mimick a waltz. Think I got in a picture?
A couple windows down, there were three children dressed in Sunday best. I'm sure they were with the wedding but were bored, staring into the tank instead of watching the dance. They were jumping up and down and trying to tell me something... probably something about a shark being nearby... but I was so elated, and kinda ornery, so I held my hand up to my ear in a "come again?" gesture (you can't hear them of course) and they started jumping around more adamant, pointing behind me. When a couple grown ups rushed to assist the little ones, I simply swam away.
Tee hee.
Anyway, it's all a great experience. The sharks and rays and other critters are, of course, awesome -- but playing with the people is such a hoot. A simple backflip makes people smile... and who doesn't like it when a five-year-old gives you that "wow!" face?

Give it a go!

Just a quick add-on that made me chuckle a bit...towards the end of the dive (I had been keeping an eye on my air throughout the dive) I was really low, about 450psi, I was wondering how I had used so much. Normally I am pretty good with that. Anyway when I was watching my DVD when I got home, I noticed an air leak coming from my 1st stage. Not real bad but noticable....As good as everything was there, dont take anything for granted...KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR AIR! Cheers-and Merry Christmas to all!!!

inter_alia:
Great report, yes. Totally accurate.

When I did this at EPCOT (January 2006), I crashed someone's wedding. There's a banquet room people can rent out for things and I was over there, noticed a bride/groom dancing with their guests around watching (I assumed it was the "first dance"). I just kinda sidled up to the window and watched a little, then the photographer noticed, the couple noticed, and since they were smiling I waved and started to mimick a waltz. Think I got in a picture?
A couple windows down, there were three children dressed in Sunday best. I'm sure they were with the wedding but were bored, staring into the tank instead of watching the dance. They were jumping up and down and trying to tell me something... probably something about a shark being nearby... but I was so elated, and kinda ornery, so I held my hand up to my ear in a "come again?" gesture (you can't hear them of course) and they started jumping around more adamant, pointing behind me. When a couple grown ups rushed to assist the little ones, I simply swam away.
Tee hee.
Anyway, it's all a great experience. The sharks and rays and other critters are, of course, awesome -- but playing with the people is such a hoot. A simple backflip makes people smile... and who doesn't like it when a five-year-old gives you that "wow!" face?

Give it a go!

:rofl3: Calm down :wink: I guess you liked it? :winky: That does sound like fun. Good thing you swam away before the parents scolded you, hehehehhehe.

This was a good trip report.

By the way there are at least 100 other trip reports on this excat dive.

Do a search "******" the answers to all your questions have been posted before.

DeputyDan:
This was a good trip report.

By the way there are at least 100 other trip reports on this excat dive.

Do a search "******" the answers to all your questions have been posted before.

Au contraire. This one caught my eye. Well written with lots of enthusiasm. Gave the OP a chance to share her enthusiasm and saved me from that "search". Sometimes the searches aren't as fun :wink: Addtionally, sometimes certain people connect and/or know one another so one may feel more comfortable going to them with their questions. Nowhere did anyone say they had been waiting to ask the questions. Actually, it was mentioned that other reports had been up.

Missdirected:
Au contraire. This one caught my eye. Well written with lots of enthusiasm. Gave the OP a chance to share her enthusiasm and saved me from that "search". Sometimes the searches aren't as fun :wink: Addtionally, sometimes certain people connect and/or know one another so one may feel more comfortable going to them with their questions. Nowhere did anyone say they had been waiting to ask the questions. Actually, it was mentioned that other reports had been up.

Well... thank you for the compliment! I'm trying to learn to write with that "enthusiastic" tone! :D I'm glad so many liked the report! It was a blast... and last night I found out my in-laws will be at Disney for New Years... I soooooo wanna stuff myself in the suitcase so I can go and do the Dive Quest again!

Man I'm so looking forward to this dive. My 12 year old son and I are planning to make the dive on 12/27. Hope it is as great as it sounds. My son has always been facinated with sharks so I hope someone can capture a good photo of him close to one of them.

DiverDean59:
Man I'm so looking forward to this dive. My 12 year old son and I are planning to make the dive on 12/27. Hope it is as great as it sounds. My son has always been facinated with sharks so I hope someone can capture a good photo of him close to one of them.

I think your key to that is to stay close by the the cameraman... maybe even mention it to him before/while you're gearing up. You never know, they may be able to accomidate you well. It is Disney, afterall!

Have fun~! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Thanks for the advice. I had wondererd if I could say something to the cameraman before the dive.

Sure, I don't see why not. If I was in your situation, I probably would. You may only get a couple seconds of filming... but that's better than none!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom