Disposable Camera Competition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian Malta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I Just booked myself in an Underwater Disposable Camera Photographic Competition. The competion is going to be in about 12m of water. There might be a light swell and not a very good sea life in the place. It's my first time with a camera underwater.

Is there anyone who can give me any tips or suggestions of how I can achieve the best shots.

Get low and shoot up to isolate your subject from the background and to take advantage of whatever light there is.

Get close - most disposables have a fixed focal length of around 3 feet. Think arm's length. That means if your subject is closer to you than that, it will be blurry. But much farther away than that and the photo will be more blue.

Choose your subjects with care. Try for medium to large things that will fill the frame. Consider your composition when taking a shot. Many disposable shots are snaps of whatever swims by...I'd have to think that a little bit of planning will go a long long way!

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom