Disturbing advice given

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! - I was just reading a dive magazine yesterday about a guy who started teaching people basic SUCBA that had some sort of brain problem that hindered their mental development. This causes very mild retardation. I wondered what would happen when we started running into these people.

Now I know.

mempilot:
Ahh UP, are you ignoring me? Does that mean I can get away with some mischief?

:D
Does that mean UP is a troll? :D

troll.jpg

62 replies and 921 views in 6 hours, I think it would be safe to say that the server that runs scubaboard is hot enough to cause global warming. this alone will kill off coral at an alarming pace, so much for a couple of dumb photogs and their split fins of fury

novadiver:
62 replies and 921 views in 6 hours, I think it would be safe to say that the server that runs scubaboard is hot enough to cause global warming. this alone will kill off coral at an alarming pace, so much for a couple of dumb photogs and their split fins of fury

your catching up with the word association thread :D

dlndavid:
Usage of the word is various. In some usage, a troll is a communication such as a usenet post, and a troller is the author of such communication. In media where communication isn't discrete, a troll is the creator of such communication.

A troll is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. A troll is a time thief. To troll is to steal from people. That is what makes trolling heinous.

Trolls can be identified by their disengagement from a conversation or argument. They do not believe what they say, but merely say it for effect.

Trolls are motivated by a desire for attention by people and can't or won't acquire it in a productive manner.

Someone may be insufferable, infuriating, fanatical, and an ignorant idiot to boot without being a troll.

Also note that a troll isn't necessarily insulting, snide, or even impolite. Only the crudest, most obvious, forms of trolling can be identified so easily.

If you find yourself patiently explaining, at length and in great detail, some obscure point to someone who isn't even being polite to you, then you are probably being trolled.

Doh… :profile: looks like I got hooked then… and reeled me in… doh again :)

mempilot:
UP is so sly at at it though. He's like the Special Forces of trolls. :D

Yah, and in stealth mode.

This might be the wrong time to ask but, do you think I could be a Moderater? I've got great people skills and a dictionary type knowledge of diving that is match by few. I'm even tempered and it takes alot to set me off. I think I would be an asset to this organization and bring peice and harmony to my fellow divers.

If I'm not excepted here , I'll have no other choice but to go solve the middle eastern peice problems single handedly

novadiver:
I'll have no other choice but to go solve the middle eastern peice problems single handedly

Which piece would that be? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom