Ditching the depth gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never had an analogue depth gauge, just a dive computer. You can pull the SPG out of the console boot and and have a more streamlined setup. I don't think many are still using analogue depth gauges.

Adam

I think it was Target, but I really don't remember ... one of those stores, they all blend together. Might have been Walmart, or K-mart, etc.

FYI: Replacement is not the only option. I had a similar problem (dead depth gauge on a spg/depth console). Since I always use a wrist mounted DC, it was a none issue except now I had a piece of equipment that registered the wrong value (55' regardless of depth), which is a danger in itself. I thus amputated the offending depth gauge, cleaned up the cut with a Dremel tool and continue to use the SPG. Its not as pretty as my brass & glass toy, but the price is right and it remains 100% functional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom