Dive Accident near Brockville July 1st, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if it was IPE. That would show lungs full of fluid, and might be construed as drowning.

Canada Day drowning: Investigators search for missing scuba equipment

Investigators want to examine the scuba equipment used by Luciana Perri when she got into trouble on a Canada Day dive. The tank, jacket and breathing device were dropped into the St. Lawrence in the panic to get her medical attention.
By David Paterson

BROCKVILLE — The husband of a Mississauga woman who drowned in a diving accident in the St. Lawrence river has appealed for other divers to help in the search for her missing scuba equipment.

Four days after 49-year-old Luciana Perri died while diving to the wreck of the freighter Henry C. Daryaw in Brockville Narrows, it remains a mystery how the experienced diver with no known medical issues got into trouble.

Leeds County OPP officers investigating the death have been searching for the scuba gear she was wearing at the time, which was dropped into the river during the frantic rescue effort. OPP water units have so far drawn a blank.

Perri's husband, Stephen Long, who was diving with her at the time, has now called for other divers in the area to look for the missing equipment.
In a notice posted on the Ontario Underwater Council's website, president Rick Le Blanc wrote, "Mr. Long is pleading divers and the general public to search for the equipment. It may be floating or could have sunk."
Perri was using a buoyancy-control jacket, an oxygen tank and a breathing tube at the time she died.

Leaving aside the usual 'oxygen tank' mis-reporting, WTF is a breathing tube, a snorkel?

Leaving aside the usual 'oxygen tank' mis-reporting, WTF is a breathing tube, a snorkel?

i was going to comment on the same thing, thats really bad reporting

Hi - Stephen Weir here. I help out with the OUC. Posted a request for divers to look for the gear. Are you saying that you heard the gear has been recovered, or do you know the gear has been recovered. IF so, what has happened to it?

Hi - Stephen Weir here. I help out with the OUC. Posted a request for divers to look for the gear. Are you saying that you heard the gear has been recovered, or do you know the gear has been recovered. IF so, what has happened to it?

The gear was recovered on the south wall, past the wreck, at around 70'. You can contact Tom Scott, for details.

The victim's gear is in the possession of the Leeds County OPP and is about to be tested. We are also waiting for the results of the blood tests that were done last week.

Thanks to everyone's efforts in searching for the victim's gear, especially to Tom's crew in locating and securing her gear. Our sincere condolences to Ms Perri's husband, family, friends, and everyone involved in her attempted rescue.

does anyone know if they were diving with a club charter or was it a walk on ?

Look at posr #2
i know it was a abucs boat , BUT was it a club that chartered the boat is where i was going with it ...i heard it was a club chartered dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom