Dive bags / Transport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any kind of duffle or bin for moving dry gear, smaller bags to organize smaller items - all often serving as home storage for same. Small dry bag or weatherproof duffle for dry items in a wet environment like a boat. Full mesh duffle for at least the return leg for wet gear since what's the point of more wet or slower-drying material than necessary?

Bin to contain wet gear when it needs to go into the car or up against dry stuff. For vehicle transport and deployment, isolation of wet from dry is the main consideration, followed by convenient organization. Often use a separate bag for booties to keep sand and mud off the rest.

Have tried the big, compartmentalized, specialized dive bag, but prefer the separate simpler bag system at the least because of the wet vs dry handling. Various segments of gear also often go in different directions at different stages of the trip - short term storage, redundant gear staging, security during road stops (bed of pickup vs cab), mid-trip fiddling or rinsing, overnight management - so I like multiple smaller bags.

My wife and I have had great luck with this bag: Amazon.com : Akona Less Than 10 lbs Roller Bag (AKB184) : Sports & Outdoors I am 6 foot 2 220lbs and this fits all of my gear (including 3mm full suit) except weights and tank. I still have room for some clothes etc. I do carry my reg. set, computer, go pro on carry on but could fit in the bag if necessary. I also have another friend that dives a lot in the south pacific and travels a lot with this bag and complete set of gear. He has also had great luck with it.

Matt

The one time I flew to dive I used regular suitcases.
For drives to shore dives I use one of those big blue bins (Rubbermaid?).

This is how I get around. No vehicle needed.

Attachments

• 2E42022C-4EA7-46E1-85E5-A123FADABEFD.jpg
    2E42022C-4EA7-46E1-85E5-A123FADABEFD.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 28
you can't go wrong with The North Face, I have years traveling with them for work all around the world, they are very very well made, they are water proof, they have seen harsh conditions, lots of baggage abuse, and still going strong, I wish I had the roller version, I no longer work around the globe and now they are my dive gear bags and all my tec gear fits in one bag, and some clouding, so I guess a wetsuit fits as well in it with all the gear.

The North Face® Outdoor Gear & Equipment | Free Shipping

I have the base camp "Large"

Last edited:
I'll second the few replies that mention a generic duffel that collapses. I personally have an Eagle Creek that has been through the ringer and is still great.

What kinda bags are y'all using to transport your gear? The wife is wanting some kind of roller bag that has pockets for spate gear and has drainage capabilities.

I've got some LBT bags from my military days, but they're deployment bags and are a bit on the very large side of the house. The bags would e to transport her gear (drysuit, BC, flippers, lights, camera, et cetera) from the truck to a live aboard or something along those lines. I have pelican cases, but those don't fit within her parameters. Thanks y'all.
I use an LBT "Enhanced Warfighter Load Out Bag" as my scuba gear bag when flying. I did manage to break a backpack strap, but they promptly fixed it under warranty.

My drysuit, computer, regs and rechargeable light (lithium cell) goes in my carry on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom