Dive beer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!, I see many really great beers listed in this thread.

I am a little embarrassed by my admission that I like cheap beers after a day of diving. Thinking about it, I guess that would kind of do the dive a disservice and cheapen it somewhat as if the dive wasn't good enough to warrant a decent beer.

Oh my god I've screwed up!
Forgive me 'O dive beer lord for I have sinned.
I have seen the error of my ways, and from this day foreward I resolve to never drink another el cheapo beer after diving as long as I shall live.
From now on it's only the good stuff for me!

Unless it's free and ice cold.

I have seen the error of my ways, and from this day foreward I resolve to never drink another el cheapo beer after diving as long as I shall live.
From now on it's only the good stuff for me!

What is the saying...if this thread saves just one beer lover?:D

Moderator, you may now close this thread...success.:)

BTW I am just kidding, don't shut it down, it is far too good a resource.

After a great day of diving in Cozumel they is nothing better that to kick back on the beach with a cold bucket of Corona ...... life doesn't get any better.

We make a beer (my girlfriend and I, not my business) that is awesome for aprez submersion. It is a diving beer... a standard Belgian White recipe but made with water from the caves of north florida, florida orange peels and orange blossom honey from north Florida. It is served in a wide mouthed goblet with a slice of fresh Florida orange.

I can hear the commercials now...

"from the cold caves of Northern Florida; Sweet Florida oranges; and honey; from Florida orange blossoms...it's DIVE BEER!" All while there's the sound of breathng and bubbles in the back ground...:rofl3:

Nice!

Nothing better than filling out the log book while enjoying a cold hefe-weizen and a Cohiba.

Oh, and for those of you diving in PR, Old Harbor Brewery in San Juan has a microbrewery with a fantastic "coqui" lager and an equally awesome coffee-chocolate dessert beer. One of the best and unfortunately most expensive places to eat on the island.

Whatever you're buying sounds good to me (best post ever by the way).. uhh In Raro it was Tui, vanuatu was Tusker but only with Kava, Grenada it was Carib.. heh whatever the local beer is.. Guinness is my number one but after a day's diving in hot weather I perfer something meant to be drunk a little colder.. a good cold corona with a lime is excellent. (Lime being the only fruit that should ever touch a beer.. and Corona being the only beer it should ever realy touch...)

Well being a brewer myself I'd have to say the beer I brew is what I prefer to drink after diving. For other breweries it depends on the style.
Lager-Sessions from Full Sail
Ambers-Boont Amber from Anderson Valley
IPA-Terminal Gravity
Pale-Mirror Pond
Red-Island Red from Roots
Belgian-Cantillon Classic Gueuze
Porter-Black Boss
I could go on but I don't have enough time.

Normally I like a good dark beer like a Guiness.

Honstly though it depends on where I'm diving and whats available (Granted if its Corona I'll pass)
I've found that a citrus gets the sea salt or the pond scum out of my mouth best.

Normally :
In Mexico I'll get a Pacifico or Bohemia with a Mexican lime in it.
In the US I'll get a good hefweizen with a lemon.

The list will grow as i dive more outside the US or Mexico. End of April I'll add what I find on Grand Turk.

We just hosted a brew fest at my house a few months ago. We had over 16 US produced micro brew beers. Granted I ended up having to keep iced and finish off a 15 gallon kegs of Fat Tire and Sunshine wheat by myself over the next few days. Mostly because I didn't want to carry the heavy dang things by myself back to BevMo...lol
If anyone is interedted I could post a beer list and review.
The majority of the people that came had tried some of the beers, but most had not tried them all.

Back
Top Bottom