Dive Boat Sinks in Pompano Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Despite being told multiple times by several people to stop filming “out of respect” my man was able to get the whole thang. Dude! The boat is sinking, the boat is sinking.

Glad nobody seems hurt.

Despite being told multiple times by several people to stop filming “out of respect” my man was able to get the whole thang. Dude! The boat is sinking, the boat is sinking.

Glad nobody seems hurt.
How else was he going to be internet famous?

So a broad generalization of a situation you are barely familiar with that you hold is ok but someone who is intimately familiar does not get to have the same right. Got it. At least you are consistent.

Stern anchor is stupid and lazy. I did it occasionally do it but after a few times getting the anchor hung cured me. When the tide, current or wind changes you are at their mercy more so than if you had the appropriate pointy end facing them.

Glad nobody seems hurt.

Stop filming “out of respect,” my a$$. Please. No one was dying. Boat people likely were just worried about the charter op’s a$$, given that the boat name was clearly visible.

If landscape was the best, then TikTok wouldn’t be a thing.

I don't think I have been on a boat that uses only a stern anchor before. Here in CA, most boats anchor at the bow and occasionally they then set a stern anchor also (usually bigger boats). Why would boats in FL set only a stern anchor if it is unsafe? @tbone1004 says it's the lazy way. Is it easier than setting a bow anchor?

On the Great Lakes, the stern ties I’ve seen are to mooring buoys, not stern anchoring. Divers Den in Tobermory did a lot of stern ties when I was there two years ago. The boats seemed specially set up for it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom