Dive Business in Florida Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thread-Crap-Die.jpg

If you want to dive in the upper keys then Keys dives is a good place to dive

but Florida Keys Dive Center is a lot better or even Kelly at Holiday Isle 305-664-3483 and they have not loss a life can Keys Dive make that Statement
"Thats what happens when tips mean more"
it does happen

If you want to Dive in the lower Keys then try

SouthernMostDiving M.M. 24.5 Summerland Key Florida
The Boat leaves at 10:00 a.m. for a 3 tank Dive and lunch and then returns around 5:00 p.m. when you have had all the diving you want or the air is gone
for the $125.00 it sure beats the 1 1/2 to 2 hrs you get with the other shops bookings are 48 hrs in advance
we can take 4 Divers on each boat for a total of 8 ( be we need min of 3 per boat)
we also have Nitrox Fills for $7.00 up to 36% and aill fills for $4.00
Open Water Certifications $250.00 from Key Largo to Key West PADI , NAUI Nitrox Certification $75.00 call for details 305-771-DIVE

Last edited:
This really is a very d-baggy post......I for one would never dive with a person who had to claim their competition was going to kill me to show their worth. People just saw what you are all about.

but Florida Keys Dive Center is a lot better or even Kelly at Holiday Isle 305-664-3483 and they have not loss a life can Keys Dive make that Statement
about one a year are you the winner

If you want to Dive in the lower Keys then try

SouthernMostDiving M.M. 24.5 Summerland Key Florida
The Boat leaves at 10:00 a.m. for a 3 tank Dive and lunch and then returns around 5:00 p.m. when you have had all the diving you want or the air is gone
for the $125.00 it sure beats the 1 1/2 to 2 hrs you get with the other shops bookings are 48 hrs in advance
we can take 4 Divers on each boat for a total of 8 ( be we need min of 3 per boat)
we also have Nitrox Fills for $7.00 up to 36% and aill fills for $4.00
Open Water Certifications $250.00 from Key Largo to Key West PADI , NAUI Nitrox Certification $75.00 call for details 305-771-DIVE

Last edited:

about one a year are you the winner

Not sure your motivation for making a statement like you did, but I'm guessing it's you don't use Keys Dive for your trips.
According to you profile you mention.
We are a Custom Dive Charter Service we setup all the leg work for you , so you can just worry about having FUN Diving in the Florida Keys . We do have boats and equipment we also use a lot of the dive shops in the keys so we cover from Key West to Key Largo so a Dive trip that cost $75.00 to $95.00 only cost $50.00 with us .
we use Rain Bow Reef in Key Largo , Florida Keys Dive center in Tavernier ,Holiday Isle Dive Shop in Islamorada , A Deep Blue Dive in Marathon , Innerspace Dive Center in Big Pine Key florida for LOOE Key Reef

It really saddens me when someone thinks they can gain status or business by smearing someone elses reputation, I've been on the receiving end of smear campaigns which btw didn't work. Situations within dive shops change constantly and what may have lead to the unfortunate demise of someone could have been due to circumstances outside the operators control. And a lot of the times we don't know the entire situation behind that demise.

I'm sure you're a good business and provide good customer service, but I ask you please consider a different marketing strategy as this kind of marketing rarely works. We all need to work together, not against each other.

Good Diving,

Keys dives is an excellent op with a great rep

Sorry everyone i may have said this the wrong way
Key Dives Is a very Good Dive Shop for the thunderbolt and some other sites
and i was not meaning to put them down for another shop
its just that the other shops i thank has better service and dive sites

and yes that is what happens when ANY Dive Shop runs Cattle Boats
and pays $40.00 a shift (tips become the focus point instead of the divers)

Sorry everyone i may have said this the wrong way
Key Dives Is a very Good Dive Shop for the thunderbolt and some other sites
and i was not meaning to put them down for another shop
its just that the other shops i thank has better service and dive sites

and yes that is what happens when ANY Dive Shop runs Cattle Boats
and pays $40.00 a shift (tips become the focus point instead of the divers)

Keys dive does not dive the tbolt. over 30 miles away

I'll tell you what, I've dove the Keys twice and will be there again in May, but I must tell you that as far as dive-friendly shops/boats, the Keys is a very unfriendly place to get wet. When I go, I rent a car and dive different shops/boats. For the most part, these are unhappy folks in these shops. I have been all over the world and have never experienced the feeling of being unwelcome after spending a few hundred bucks to dive. That's why I would never relegate myself to diving w/one shop for repetitive dive days in the Keys; although I routinely do this in other dive destinations. The only reason I keep going back for the rude attitudes, is the absolutely wonderful waters and fish life. It's no wonder businesses are for sale...take it as sign and go somewhere without a for sale on it. And no, I am not some loud mouh who thinks he's been everywhere. My first dives were in the Keys and I went back three years later and I am going back again. The diversity of sealife may be unparallelled. Go, but suck it up, these folks on the boat are unreal. I will not name shops but I am leafing through my log and have used 12 diffrent operations on the Keys w/three receiving high marks for boat crew personell. My remarks have nothing to do with price either.

You dove with the wrong people then, bilz. My wife and I are blessed to live within a 5 hour drive of the upper keys and 7.5 to the lower. Try Ocean Divers or Sea Dwellers in Key Largo. Keys Dives in Islamorada. Looe Key Dive Center in, well, Looe Key. Dive Key West is top notch in Key West. Don't go for the cheapest price...you get what you pay for. Look for PADI 5 Star or SSI top rated dive shops. We've been diving lots of places and I assure you these shops are world class.

Yeah, that was a dumba***d remark. Key Dives is one of the better dive shops in the Upper Keys. I have around a hundred and fifty dives with them in the last six years and I have to say that they operate in a very professional and safe manner. Yes, a woman died while diving with them last year but it had NOTHING to do with their operation or their employees. Several Upper Keys dive shops have had divers die on their boats after a dive or in the water. In general these are because of diver error or health problems though there is one of late which is still up in the air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom