Dive camera for my wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jringold

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey All -

I am planning on getting my wife a dive camera for Christmas. I purchased the Sealife MicroHD last summer and really like it. It is best for videos. I also got the Sea Dragon 1200 light for it. My wife is not really interested in video. Plus she wants a camera of her own rather than depending on me to always get the shots she wants. So I think I have settled on the Sea life DC1400. The only negative I have seen is slow shutter response. But other than that, everyone seems to like it. I have two options, and this is where I am stuck – Lighting:
Option 1: Sea Dragon 600
Option 2: Sea Dragon SL720

I can get a good price on either when purchased as a kit with the DC1400.

Option 1: Pros – “always on” light, would serve as a backup light, very small, much less bulky than a large flash head.
Option 2: Pros – Regular camera flash, less battery use, may not scare away the seal life with a bright always on light.

Getting the camera with either option is about in my price point. I know there are much better cameras out there – but we are not in to high end professional photography. We mainly want to capture the moments for our memories when we look back on them.

I’m sort of leaning toward option 1 due to the less bulk argument. I also really have not experienced spooking sea life with my Dragon 1200. J

Just wondering if anyone else has either config and if so, would you do it again?

Morgan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom