Dive cert. vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello All, My name is Dimitri, and am from Haiti. I was following your post and recommendations, and wanted to give you one from my end in the Caribbean, Haiti. I know you probably have heard a lot of things about the the place but not true. anyway I think it's one of the best spots in the Caribbean to dive or even visit, am not asking you to believe me right away, but ask people that have actually been there, not those that sits at home that watches the news, and check the internet once in a while.. any ways i will post two links which i believe will be useful information for Divers who love to explores new oceans and reefs. Enjoy, and if needed more info, please feel free to pm me.

Marinal Blue Haiti (Dive and Excursion Center)
Marina Blue Haiti! Discover Haiti above & below with our Dive & excursion center: Excursions, Charters, Fishing, Jets Skis, Watersports,

Mouline sur Mer (Beach Resort) small but quiet and nice
moulinsurmer

Best Regards

An option to consider to minimize the time spent getting your certification while on your vacation is to do all of the class room lessons and the confined water (pool) work with your local dive shop and then do your open water dives (normally 2 days) while down south.

That is exactly what a good friend of mine did a few years ago in Turks and Caicos (TCI). She did everything except her open water before she left and then she did her open water dives on the same dive sites we were diving. She stayed on the sandy shallow area (about 40-50 feet) and we headed over the wall. On our way out to the very first dive of the trip (and her first ever open water dive), a Humpback Whale and a calf surfaced right beside the boat. What a way to be introduced to diving!

Anyways, my point is, if you want, you can do the bulk of the course before you go and then it will reduce the impact on your vacation.

Back
Top Bottom