Dive club meeting turnout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I belong to a ham radio club where we have no minutes, no treasurer's report and no Robert's Rules of Disorder. If people want to know what happened at last months meeting, then they attended. If they want to know how much money the club has they go ask the treasurer.

Anyone who wants something done is welcome to step up and start doing it.

By dispensing with the political and rule based junk we keep things fun, interesting and friendly.
Our club is small but the members are active and actually like each other.

The important people are the ones who show up!

michael

It's all very sad. Another case of the world's fastest spreading disease - Apathy! Been there and done that in various clubs (non diving) in the past and everyone wants it laid out on a plate for them and won't do anything to help.

Good luck and if you find anything that works please, please let us know....

Jonathan

In any group 5% do all the work....
And another 5% do all the gripe....
The rest of us aren't apathetic....
We just don't care that much....
But we usually show for food....
Something is wrong there....
Very, very wrong indeed....
Lobster dip ~n~ shrimp....
Shoot I'll drive on over....
And pick up D.D. too....
Next mtg is when?
:D

...4 more people have "committed" to going to the next meeting:mean: We'll see what happens. It would be great if they did since that's the only time decisons get made in regards to trips, rules and FOOD:wink:

Scott

It is like people who don't vote or know the first thing about politics trying to complain about the president. I can't stand that. Just tell them to shut up and do something about it by showing up.

Originally posted by decapoddiver
As for the lobster dip, it's very easy to make and is just as good if not better when you use crab.
Scott

Drooool - post the recipe already!!

V. :tonguewag

CRAB/LOBSTER DIP

16 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup mayo
1 tsp mustard
3 tbsp white wine
4 tsp confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 (6 1/2 oz) cans crabmeat or fresh New England Lobsta meat
Mix & heat everything EXCEPT crabmeat together in top of double boiler.
Stir until mixture becomes smooth. Add Crab. Place in greased small casserole or quiche dish. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

That's it. Just remember that once you try it, you must abide by the rules. You must worship me as a god, carry all my gear, refer to me as the finest example of watermanship you have ever seen etc....

Scott

Originally posted by decapoddiver
CRAB/LOBSTER DIP
>>>snip recipe<<<<
That's it. Just remember that once you try it, you must abide by the rules. You must worship me as a god, carry all my gear, refer to me as the finest example of watermanship you have ever seen etc....
Scott
Shoot... looked good too...
Oh, well...
No can do....
My Worship is already spoken for....
Regretfully,

I was only joking. In hindsight I realize I may have offended some people with "the rules". I apologize. Please know that I never meant any offense and that I was trying to poke fun at myself. I guess I stepped over the line. Sorry.

Scott :boxing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom