Dive Co in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toadie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey there,

I'm coming into Cozumel on February 5th and I'm looking to do some off cruise diving. Something a little more private and hopefully a lot more exciting. Can anyone recommend a shop for me to contact that's reputable? I'm assuming there's one dock :idk:

There are 3 cruise ship piers. One is at the south edge of the downtown core, and the other 2 are about 2 to 2 1/2 miles south from there. (There is also another pier in town but it's the ferry terminal).

Crop.jpg

If you go to this site you may be able to get an idea which pier your cruise ship normally docks at, BUT there are times when they use a different pier due to an excess number of ships using Cozumel on any particular day.

Cozumel Insider - Cozumel Cruise Ship Schedule - Weekly Cruise Ship Arrival and Departure Information - Cozumelinsider

Next you need to realize that unless you can afford to hire a small op to work just for you and adjust their daily schedule to fit your cruise arrival / departure you will otherwise have to go with an op that hasn't already sent their boat & divers out for the morning. Most ops cater to those on the island rather than cruise ship passengers due to the different variables of dealing with late arrivals etc.

Hey there,

I'm coming into Cozumel on February 5th and I'm looking to do some off cruise diving. Something a little more private and hopefully a lot more exciting. Can anyone recommend a shop for me to contact that's reputable? I'm assuming there's one dock :idk:
You may want to check out Scuba with Alison - she will often tweak her schedule a bit to accommodate cruisers. (That's how we originally met her 5 years ago.) She operates out of the Caleta Marina, but it's easy to grab a cab from any of the piers very easily for a quick ride to the marina.

Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison

I second the recommendation for Scuba with Alison (Alison Dennis). I also first used her when I was on a cruise. I have been going back specifically for diving for the 13 years since and wouldn't dive with anyone else.

If she can't accomodate your schedule/needs, nobody can.

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom