Dive Computer Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All,

I've got my AOW certification and about 50 dives under my belt, but I am new to the world of purchasing dive equipment. I am looking for advice on my first dive computer. I'm thinking about the Mares Puck Pro Plus. I know there is much fancier and more expensive equipment, but, from what I've read, it seems like this one will get the job done and has all of the features I need. However, given my ignorance about dive computers, any advice would be appreciated. It seems like Mares is a popular and reputable brand. Is there any reason to consider a different brand? Other than more bells and whistles, are there reasons why I should consider a more expensive brand or model? Accuracy and reliability in terms of the basic calculations are the most important features for me, whereas paying more for additional features is not something I'm looking to do at this point. Thanks in advance!
spend some money and buy the shearwater perdix it will be the only one you'll need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom