Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A good supplier of O-rings in Australia is Seal Imports Home I get all my O-rings from them even the odd metric sizes.

They have a 40mmx1.5mm 70 in their catalogue :)

I have found one US supplier for this odd metric size (1.2mm x 27mm) but they sell minimum 100 of them ($1.25/each) which more than enough I could use for my lifetime. I end up buying replacement kit for Oceanic Geo/Geo2 from ebay for $9.95+$2 shipping

Lots of great info here! I am trying to track down the o-ring for my Uwatec Aladin Pro. Based on the chart its a 2-016, but I am having trouble making sense of the suppliers. On the o-ring size chart, it shows an -015 with a thickness of 1.78mm. that seems to be much thicker that my original o-ring. I get that the original is old, but that seems way off.

Can anyone confirm that -016 will fit in a 1st gen Aladin Pro. (its the older Beauchat model, but branded Uwatec).

On a separate note, I don't see the Hollis DG-02 or Oceanic Veo180 (same computer) on the linked chart. That computer uses the CR2450 battery, but I was looking for the oring size for that too. Not sure, if its the same as the other Oceanic veo with a 2-026 ??

Lots of great info here! I am trying to track down the o-ring for my Uwatec Aladin Pro. Based on the chart its a 2-016, but I am having trouble making sense of the suppliers. On the o-ring size chart, it shows an -015 with a thickness of 1.78mm. that seems to be much thicker that my original o-ring. I get that the original is old, but that seems way off.

If you measure your computers o-ring seating surfaces, as discussed in your other thread, than the dimensions of the o-ring may become more apparent.

If you measure your computers o-ring seating surfaces, as discussed in your other thread, than the dimensions of the o-ring may become more apparent.

Yes, I did not ignore that advice. I have the new battery on order and have not yet 'un-soldered' the connections to the old battery, so its a little hard to measure the battery compartment at the moment. also, the cap threads don't allow my caliper to get a good read on the ID surface. The info on this thread seemed to indicate the precise 2-016 part # that I need to order, which would be great. I do prefer that have all the parts/supplies on hand before I take take it completely apart.

As you probably know, internet advice can be wrong sometimes. So I try not to rely on 3rd hand hearsay advice. No disrespect intended, but these computers were VERY popular and I still see them around in Cave Country. I am sure there is somebody out there who has personally ordered new o-rings and can testify to proper fit/function. So my previous post was just to call out the variance between the actual thickness of my original 0-ring (1.5mm) vs what I think the 2-016 that shows up as a 1.78mm. So, am i wrong, and missing something here? or are folks just making the 2-016 work, as a "close enough" solution?

Consolidated Computer O-Ring & Battery Specs

Hi all,
I’ve been working on the consolidation of the existing Computer O-Ring and Battery info and what I’ve run into at the shop.
Please let me know if I have any errors or if you have more info to add.
Thanks
-Dave

View attachment 220726

Oceanic Geo/Geo2 battery CR2430

Back
Top Bottom