Dive Computer - Need Help Choosing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if your looking for a wrist watch type so you dont loose it or leave then look at suunto D4i -D6i it can be air intergrated or not its nitrox and conservative nice n easy to use and you can get it in PINK!!!!(d4i)

---------- Post added June 8th, 2013 at 03:19 PM ----------

Hot_Pink_Suunto__4f9147db46d78.jpg

---------- Post added June 8th, 2013 at 03:21 PM ----------

this D4i is $299 a bargin a easy to use nitrox ready nice and conservative a real good work horse and pink!!!!

---------- Post added June 8th, 2013 at 03:22 PM ----------

if you wanted air intergration the transmitter is $205

hey Bubbs its uk sorry 299 pounds BUT you can get then anywhere in the US just google D4i pink

Hehe. Well thanks for keeping my pinkness in mind. :p.

i think I am really sold on the Pro Plus 2.1. I love all the features and seems to be an awesome deal. And it seems to have great reviews and I've read and heard soo many great things about Oceanics customer service.

Any objections y'all can think of to it? Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1, Air/Nitrox, Air Integrated Computer with Compass

i just dont like computers hanging around i like then on my wrist safer and i tend to look at it more often !!!

Have you read this thread? http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...zers/305374-so-you-want-buy-new-computer.html

I don't have much more time in the sport than you, and it actually postponed my decision to buy a computer. I still want one, and would like to get one sooner than later, but I'm holding off until, a) I know I need one, and, b) I know exactly what I want. For the time being I'm diving with gauges. So far I have been sure I wanted a Zoop, Mares Puck, Vyper and Vyper Air, each one until I saw the next. So, if you're sure you want/need one, and sure what you want, then by all means get it. But don't be pressured into getting one before you are sure.

Oh, and BTW, your LDS guy is a jackass.

i think I am really sold on the Pro Plus 2.1. I love all the features and seems to be an awesome deal. And it seems to have great reviews and I've read and heard soo many great things about Oceanics customer service.

Any objections y'all can think of to it? Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1, Air/Nitrox, Air Integrated Computer with Compass

I was like you and thought of going the large console. But, as I dove a bit more I like the idea of having my computer and compass on my wrists (separate ones). Reason for this is eventually (few years) to take some advanced Decompression Diving courses. I would rather have the muscle memory already ingrained in me than try and retrain it. If your doing your deco stop and need to look at your computer, kind of hard to adjust buoyancy while holding the console in your hand. Now if your just planning on doing recreational and non-deco dives then go for it. I actually liked the Pro Plus as well, just as I learned more, what I need diverged from what I liked.

Since Pro Plus 2.1 was mentioned, did you also look at the new one, version 3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I honestly don't see myself doing anything advanced. Probably just regular diving at my local quarry and diving whenever possible on trips whenever possible. (Trips I hope to start doing) It will be easier for me to go dive when my dad and brother complete their certifications so I actually have diving buddies.

I looked at the pro plus 3. But I see the only difference was it logs more dives and the screen is larger. I don't really see any justifications for me to go with the 3. But I did def check it out.

Okay... Went to my local dive shop to get an Oceanic Pro Plus. And the guy at the shop told me they don't sale or work on them because they are lower end gear.

Help!! Lol. All they had in stock was Sherwood Wisdom 3's for around $800 and some type of sub gear console. I don't know what I want or need and the local dive guy didn't seem to be much help. My brother, his fiancé and my dad will be diving with me and this guy said we all had to buy the same type computers. I know I'm still new to all this but I felt like he was treating me like I'm stupid.

I have all my gear except the computer and its all scuba pro. Looking for a good quality product but without spending 1k.

I honestly don't see myself doing anything advanced. Probably just regular diving at my local quarry and diving whenever possible on trips whenever possible. (Trips I hope to start doing) It will be easier for me to go dive when my dad and brother complete their certifications so I actually have diving buddies.

I looked at the pro plus 3. But I see the only difference was it logs more dives and the screen is larger. I don't really see any justifications for me to go with the 3. But I did def check it out.

Interesting that your LDS would belittle the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 while pushing the Sherwood Wisdom 3 he carries. The 2 computers are actually quite similar, including the algorithm they run, Pelagic DSAT. As the PP 2.1 is on its way out in favor of the PP 3, it can be had at a significant discount like you found at Leisure Pro. The computer and compass for $400 is a great deal, but I really like a quick disconnect to remove it from my regulator. With the QD, at $600, it's still a bargain. The PP 3 adds dual algorithm (DSAT + Pelagic Z+,Buhlmann ZHL-16C based), 3 gases, and deepstops. Sounds like you could pass on the upgrades and save $2-400.

I've been diving Oceanic computers for 14-15 years now and am quite pleased with the products and service. I started with Pro Plus, then a Pro Plus 2, and now dive a VT3 primary with a Geo2 and SPG as backup.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom