Dive Computer Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah it's a bit annoying in terms of the algorithm that they use for it and I would recommend immediately putting it in progressive mode if you want to get any dive time out of it at all. I'm still trying to work with their engineers to give some more flexibility with the thing, but it's a bit slow going. I would certainly have no problems using it over the two you mentioned though
Thank You for your time and help, I Appreciate the insight and recommendation!

I'd skip anything Cressi. If it were between the AL and Cressi, I'd go AL for sure without any second thoughts. If all ranges of choices available, I'd consider Oceanic line of computers first without a doubt. I don't see why you would look at the other choice. Oceanic has a very solid line of dive computers with excellent track record and is US based company that has been in business for a very long time. Their computers have top reputation and excellent features that are very difficult to compete with at very reasonable prices and support.

I'd skip anything Cressi. If it were between the AL and Cressi, I'd go AL for sure without any second thoughts. If all ranges of choices available, I'd consider Oceanic line of computers first without a doubt. I don't see why you would look at the other choice. Oceanic has a very solid line of dive computers with excellent track record and is US based company that has been in business for a very long time. Their computers have top reputation and excellent features that are very difficult to compete with at very reasonable prices and support.

who just sold off their manufacturing division to Aqualung and reports recently are being that AUP is avoiding some customers with issues.... Not that they're known for great customer service to begin with, but combine that with selling off the division that made their computers to Aqualung, and it's too risky for me to recommend buying one of their computers new....

As if you are sitting in their boardroom and know all that is going on there :) Give me a break. FYI, I am updating our dive computers in our dive school and going mostly Oceanic!!! I have met with Oceanic at DEMA and all is OK!!

And if Oceanic isn't an option (I don't know why not), I'd go with AL (although it doesn't give you a choice between two different algorithms as the Oceanic does) most definitely and not even consider the deep blue or Cressi, not even a half thought about it.

As if you are sitting in their boardroom and know all that is going on there :) Give me a break. FYI, I am updating our dive computers in our dive school and going mostly Oceanic!!! I have met with Oceanic at DEMA and all is OK!!

of course not, but a company that sold off their computer division, has a history of terrible customer service, and hasn't really released anything public to give us warm fuzzies, I don't have many to work with. I like their computers a lot actually and think of them as the least of the evils in terms of the big manufacturers, but as a consumer, I don't have a lot of faith right now... You're different as a dive center where you have direct access to them, but with consumers having to go through dealers, it's a completely different story.
Oceanic Geo 2 dead
stories like this happen far too often and seem to be happening more lately about the service from those guys....

My dive partner just ordered this one and is awaiting its arrival. I had considered it as well, was waiting to look at his. It looks to be an excellent dive computer as well.

Giotto has a number of features you don't really need. E.g. it'll let you set your gas to 100% O2, but nobody actually dives on 100% O2. It's a step-up from the Leonardo, but if you're not dead set on buying Cressi, that's not much of a sales pitch. I300 is probably OK though I'd buy the Oceanic version of it instead (Veo 2.0) if I really wanted that computer. But then I wouldn't: I'd either listen to tbone and get a DeepBlu or buy a Puck for $150 and spend the other $150 on some other toy.

How long do I have to wait for Deep 6 to make its grand entrance.

Back
Top Bottom