Dive computer recommendation

Which shearwood will be our second dive computer

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't be fooled by picture comparisons.
Yeah they looked the same to me until you pointed out the differences. I see there's no AI info showing on the Teric so what bit of that display would you lose to show tank pressure? More importantly, where would two pressures fit?

I have just learned that I can slightly improve my close up vision unaided if I adjust my eyelids.
When you squint it changes the curvature of your eye, which changes the focus...apparently.

Btw, over two months since you got wet? It's been half that for me and I'm freakin out lol

IMG_4749.jpeg

Previous image was predive screen. It changes to this image for the dive depending on your setup. You can also change to three lines with bigger font and still get tank pressures.
https://www.shearwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Teric_Operating_Instructions_metric.pdf

ETA
I dive with my wife. She is waiting for her drysuit to arrive. We are gearing up for sidemount and working on the ranch chores to stay busy. Coz in April.

That is answered in the Scubalab data that @scubadada and I (and others) have been talking about.

Come on Sherlock, that's hardly news. There's a lot of misinformation on the subject of the Teric's battery generated by you. How much are you willing to bet that the Teric's battery last 3 years or less?

Which post in that thread are you referring to? (the page you've linked it to talks about straps)

The second photo from the top. The one that shows the wear on the bezel.

Did the Scubalab data include the Garmin? I didn’t notice.

Previous image was predive screen.
Ah ok, sorry about all the questions but it's hard for me to get my hands on one where I live. When the next dive starts, what is the surface interval replaced with? Same with Deco, does that become NDL? I think this chat is going to be quite expensive for me but thank you lol
Coz in April.
Nice, will be well worth the wait!

View attachment 508650
Previous image was predive screen. It changes to this image for the dive depending on your setup. You can also change to three lines with bigger font and still get tank pressures.
https://www.shearwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Teric_Operating_Instructions_metric.pdf

ETA
I dive with my wife. She is waiting for her drysuit to arrive. We are gearing up for sidemount and working on the ranch chores to stay busy. Coz in April.
Check out Cozumel H20, they are awesome!

Ah ok, sorry about all the questions but it's hard for me to get my hands on one where I live. When the next dive starts, what is the surface interval replaced with? Same with Deco, does that become NDL? I think this chat is going to be quite expensive for me but thank you lol

Nice, will be well worth the wait!
Surface interval becomes the dive timer. Deco becomes NDL. The Aqualung i300 was more expensive. It satisfied be for like 5 dives and then I sold it. It's like a casio. In a world of iPhones an i300 is, to ME, unjustifiable.

Ok and this is really surprising to me. I have just learned that I can slightly improve my close up vision unaided if I adjust my eyelids. There is a tiny point at which my eyelashes are just beginning to obscure my vision slightly where there is a simultaneous effect of bringing things into better focus. I never noticed this before and I consequently have no idea if it would work while diving due to the pressures and forces in the mask.

Why Squinting Helps Us See Better? » Science ABC

:)

Back
Top Bottom