Dive Computer Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I wrong??? I see DiveComputerTraining.com has an Atom 3.0 training video? Is that a full training video?

If so.. where is the Atom 2.0 video that was said to be out months ago??

Am I wrong??? I see DiveComputerTraining.com has an Atom 3.0 training video? Is that a full training video?....
You are correct .... it is the full online class for the Atom 3.0 .... released today in anticipation of the pending release of the Atom 3.0.
According to THIS POST, Oceanic is offering a free online class until the official launch

.....If so.. where is the Atom 2.0 video that was said to be out months ago??
Canceled ..... manufacturer changed priorities.

Well. that kinda sucks for Atom 2.0 users.
I feel that I have a decent grasp on my 2.0, but, thats not the point.

Im sure there is something I could learn.

Maybe, the 3.0 and 2.0 are alike enough that I could use the 3.0 class.

I did call the manufacturer.. they said something ignorant like
"Please don't complain with me ..... call the manufacturer of the online classes" :wink:

Apparently they are not in the business of caring what is on the eDiving site.

Like most other business.. its about $$$ and not the 'right thing'.

Hi,
I think your complain is unreasonable ... let me address it:

.....Like most other business.. its about $$$ and not the 'right thing'.
First, we are not a charity nor we are the beneficiary of tax payers $$$ .... we have invest LOT of our own $$$ to develop our technology. Additionally, every class we design has ~40 videos and it takes lots of man hours to complete.
So, from our point of view, our classes are NOT for free, and - believe it or not - this is the "right thing" for us at this stage of our company.

I did call the manufacturer.....Apparently they are not in the business of caring what is on the eDiving site. ....
Who did you talk to? The reality is that manufacturers DO PAY us to develop classes for THEIR products. No $$ ... No class. Simple.

In this case the manufacturer has (IMHO wisely) decided to focus precious resources on the new product (Atom 3.0) about to be launched.
I will not be surprised at all if they come up with some kind of "upgrade" program for owner of the previous model.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I think you are diving a little too far into this subject. Or maybe your nitrox mixture has been tampered with.. :wink:

My original 'complain' is hardly a complaint at all. Possibly you have had too many complaints already and are overly sour on the subject.

But myself saying """that kinda sucks for Atom 2.0 users""" in my original post is Very reasonable.

It does 'suck' for the Atom 2.0 users that were waiting on the specific class.

Is that hard to understand?

anyways.. its hardly a "complaint" at all. Its more of a obvious statement.

Thank you for the explanation.

...... Or maybe your nitrox mixture has been tampered with.. :wink:......
Recently I have been diving only Heliox :D .... the virtual one.

I would recommend you keep that in the virtual side.
I heard Heliox was kinda like yellow #6 (or was it #7) in mellow yello ... it shrinks your nutties :wink: hehe

Added Online Class for the ScubaPro 2G dive computer.

This class includes 39, professionally made, interactive and effective multimedia audio / visual, several quizzes and a final test packaged in a cost effective online class that will make for an enjoyable user experience.

The class shows how to program the Aladin 2G, then takes you for a virtual dive with the Aladin 2G first using air then with Nitrox. It also covers how to use the Aladin 2G in decompression situations and reviews how the Aladin 2G responds to those potentially dangerous situations - such as ascending too fast or going too deep - that you might encounter while diving.

Once taken, the Aladin 2G Online Class doubles as an online Multimedia User Manual that can be consulted from anywhere around the world.

You can enroll in the Aladin 2G Online Class either using an Activation Code, or purchasing it for $6.96, or using 700 Bubble Credits.
Ask your Dive Store or your Instructor for an Activation Code.

As of today at DiveComputerTraining.com you can find Online Classes for the following Dive Computers:

AERIS: XR-1, Manta, Atmos AI

Mares: Mission Puck

Oceanic: Veo100, Pro Plus 2, Veo 1.0, Veo 2.0, Veo 3.0, Geo, Geo 2.0, OC1, OC1-LE, VT3

Scubapro/Uwatec: Galileo Sol, Aladin 2G

Suunto: Gekko, Zoop, Cobra, Cobra 3, Vyper Air, D4, D6, D9, HelO2

TUSA: ZEN IQ-900

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom