Dive Dangers; The Differentiation between "SOLO" and "BUDDY"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my first solo dive about a month ago. I have only done 14 dives but this was the first dive that I actually felt safe doing for the following reasons:

I can agree with your reasons and I enjoyed diving solo from my first dive, but don't feel safe. You are trading one set of problems for another and you need to keep in mind that not having your mask kicked off also means you can't have an octo handed to you if your air quits. It's all about awareness and risk management.

I dive solo and love it, but I also work to find (or make) good buddies to dive with because when I do have an "interesting" dive to make I like to have someone with me I can count on. Not to say the dive would be any safer with two people, but my buddy might talk me out of the dive.

Bob
----------------------
A man's got to know his limitations.
Harry Callahan

The most important thing to plan when solo diving is to make sure that you are not diving with an idiot. Dsix36

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom