Dive depth logger with arduino

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would try it just in the box. Chances are good that it is sensitive enough to feel any degree of compression, and the box will compress some even though it is rigid. As long as the box is waterproof the air will compress accordingly. .....
THAT is NOT going to work ..... :no:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I've been meaning to do something like this for a while... good idea :wink:

Linking data from a gyro was my thought to get a 3d track of the dive... might be wishful thinking...but u never know..

Gyro Breakout Board - LPR503AL Dual 30°/s

Where did u source the sensor from?.. I've not had much luck here...

John

you can get the sensor from digikey.com..

Thanks for the digikey source..

The datasheet talks about mounting specifically for underwater operation/dive computer... which is interesting..

http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Measurement%20Specialties%20PDFs/MS5541-CM.pdf

I guess u know this chip family is the one used in the HW computer..

HW

As for an enclosure, I've tested acrylic tubes with rubber bungs in down to 15m (50ft) and was thinking acrylic sheets might provide an answer to a computer enclosure.. 3 layers / joined with gasket sealent with the middle layer cut out house the electronics... just some thoughts..

John

Consider using our upcoming all-in-one arduino compatible board for your project. The I2GPS board combines an arduino compatable microprocessor, Real time clock with battery backup, micro-SD card slot and headers to add a GPS (for time sync or location recording). Just add your sensors.

GPS Disciplined RTC | WyoLum Blog

Nice board..

I am tweaking the use interface now.. I solve my micro sd card reading problem...

Next issue is connecting the card and the sensor on the same data bus..since they are spi...

Other option could be do a bit banging function for the sensor and leave the hardware spi for the card...

Hi Buton,

What's the thing that says philippines?
Would you be willing to share code and spec? I a software guy but I am not that gifted with hw.

I interested in using the depth sensor in a small underwater vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The phiiliphines thing Is the signal generator 32.267 khz for the depth sensor

The depth sensor without logging is easy to do..you just need the arduino and display...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom