Dive Galveston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband will be working out of Houston for an extended period of time, I'll be visiting; is there anywhere in the area that you would recommend diving?

Thanks for your input!

As summer gets here the gulf calms down enough to schedule day trips out to oil platforms or wrecks out of Galveston or Freeport and of course the Flower Gardens is a nice 2 day trip.
There are 3 local dive lakes in the Houston area Lake 288. Twin Lakes and Mammoth lake.

Randy

Yes, Mammoth Lake is open.

I think this is mainly an internal course to prepare you for the specific concerns of diving in the springs so you don't damage habitat or species there.

The diving for science class is an SSI specialty. It's exclusive to Aquarena Springs and is geared to teach divers how to identify and preserve the several endangered species of animals and plants that live in Spring Lake. Once certified divers can volunteer to help out in the lake with projects such as cleaning out heavy weeds and bacteria growths. In exchange you get free air and diving in the clearest freshwater in Texas. When I went through the class, someone mentioned that PADI was in the process of making it a specialty but that was almost 3 years ago and the last I heard of it.

Head down to Freeport & dive the Flower Gardens.......gulf-diving.com..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom