Dive gear you own that you consider perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I own all my own gear but I only have a few items that I consider perfect (by "perfect" I mean that, should these items be lost/stolen/broken/worn out, they will be replaced with the same item). Hopefully I'll get to the point where all my gear fits into this category, but for now the only items are:

Atomic Frameless
Hollis F1's
Pinnacle Barracuda 7mm boots
Miflex Hoses

So what gear do you have that is "perfect"?

Probably the closest thing I have to something that is "perfect" are my HP 130s. They really are "perfect" for just about every type of recreational dive I do.

OTOH, I think every other piece of gear has something I would like to change!

The bungee, bolt snaps, and caveline combinations I use to keep my danglies from being danglies.

Faber HP100s. I have four of them. Two as singles, one set doubled.
Scubapro MK17/A700 recreational reg set.

The rest I can't say for sure that I would re-buy. A few things, for sure not!

Atomic Frameless mask.

Here are the portions of my gear that I wouldn't want to trade out:

Atomic Frameless Mask

Oceanic Chute 2 BC

Mares MR 22 Abyss Titanium Reg

Pinnacle 7mm Merino Suit

Atomic Split Fins (I know, I know...but I like 'em!)

A willingness to continue to be a student of the sport.

I am getting more and more happy with my setup. Actually...reading about different philosophies of diving has helped. I believe that constantly trying to learn is the best piece of mental gear to take into the diving process. I try to take the best of each philosophy/approach and discard what doesn't seem to fit for me. I think it has helped me to become a safer and better diver.

Mike

My Scubapro Jet Fins with spring straps, I've tried a dozen different types of fins but still come back to them for scuba diving. They're like the pick up truck of scuba fins.

Back
Top Bottom