Dive gear you own that you consider perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares MR 22 Abyss reg
Mares X Vision Liquidskin mask
Turtle fins
Worthington LP108 steel tanks

Photon torpedo lights. I like them because they're a delrin body with a twist on/off head.
Jet fins with XS scuba spring straps. I like that they are heavy and they are like having a low gear. Thrust and maneuverability.
Uwatec bottom timer. Although if it were lost or stolen, I'd replace it with a Xen bottom timer. The Xen is bright and is switchable between metric and imperial.
Anything of mine that is a DSS product would be replaced with a DSS product if it were lost or stolen.
Double aluminum 80's. I'm in Guam, so if I needed another doubles setup. It would be more 80's. ;-)

-Mitch

DSS stainless steel backplate with Torus 26 wing - perfect
Mares Puck Wrist computer - yeah that's right - cheap, simple, big display, one button
Aqualung Technisub Micromask - I keep forgetting I even have a mask on

Stuff that I see myself not changing:

Necklaced Mares MR22 regulator (Although it would be a MR22t first stage to replace it)
Jet fins with spring strap
Suunto SK7 compass (although I'm going to bungee-mount it when my supply of circular tuits gets replenished)
Technisub Micromask (although a 2nd one with black skirt would be great as a backup / alternate to the clear skirted version)
Mavotec Oxyliser S analyser - just simply does what it says on the tin.

As for the rest...
My Apkes XTX40/DS4 combo would/is going to be replaced by a Mares Abyss/MR22t
My Suunto Gekko is just a bit limited in growth potential.
Not going to get a BCD again, BP/W is just too sensible.
Short 12L steel tanks are an affliction, not a tank.
Dry suits with front zip mean you know who broke the zip (you yourself)

Gerbs

About the only thing I would buy the same for sure is my Mares Liquidvision mask. And maybe my US Divers blades, though I'd have to get them off eBay (again.) Not that I'm particularly unhappy with anything I have, but there's always new options to look at.

My M17/A700 regulator set
Galileo Luna Computer
Aeris Velocity X3 fins with spring straps

All the rest I would consider trying something else, though it works great for what I do. I am new, so can't say if what I have is perfect yet :p

HP100's
OMS Slipstreams with spring straps
Suunto SK-7
DSS Bungee Mounts for my Suunto SK-7 and my DR Duo
BP/W

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom