Dive insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dashrynn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Reading through DAN's website I found out they only insure for recreational dives. What insurance agency do you use for dive insurance being a technical diver?

I think they mean they only insure non-commercial divers.

My plan doesn't have any depth or gas restrictions.

I've been with someone who took a table 6 with 2 extensions after a 2.5hr 100ft deep dive. DAN covered 100%

There is no demarcation on DAN diving insurance between recreational and technical.
For technical diver, the "Preferred Plan" is the one to go for. But do read the small print.

It depends on your location... for example, the US plans are different to the Asia-Pacific ones (different underwriters I guess). But all the ones I've looked at have 3 or 4 plans and cover technical diving, sometimes to a specific maximum depth and with the qualifier of 'apppropriate gas/equipment/training' for the depth etc.

Recreational = non-commercial, not for hire

As of today... The basic plan has 130ft depth limits. The preferred and master plans have no depth restrictions. None of the plans have "deco" limits.

I use Aqua Med, there are no restrictions in terms of depth or diving techniques - Nitrox & Decompression with 100% oxygen are expressly covered.

Dash, I met you with jan at keystone when you first stated diving a couple years ago, you are in the navy and with navy divers you should be covered.

I am in the carpenters union and the pilebucks is part of us, I am covered 100% on any dive I go on and I take all my dives to the extreme limit.

Happy Diving

Dan Europe has these caveats:

"The Sport Bronze plan has a depth limitation of 40m maximum for compressed air and nitrox. Other plans do not have any depth limitation"

"on written submittal of a full dive profile and proposed safety and support measures insurers may consider providing specific per dive insurance for any dive exceeding 130m"

Other than that, there are no depth limits stated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom