Dive Key West around Halloween

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can do some research, and I won't need to be reimbursed for phone usage..:) I guess we would just have to decide how many of us going, for how long we want to stay, what events we want to attend (check the website that Cathy provided) etc etc etc. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Julia

I was certified in the keys i would love to go if you can arrange a trip. The diving is better in islamorada. I was in marathon in october and its extremly windy that time of year 2 out of3dives got canceled. Email me i know alot about the keys. marathon and loone key is nicier than key west. JCJCCCAC@AOL.COM

Whooo boy....

Talk about resurecting an old thread.....

Take a look at the original date....>>2001!!<<

I'm still sorta interested in going...but can't take the reigns for organizing a trip.

So if someone wants to step up to the plate and do the planning, I might be willing to join in the festivities....

As I mentioned before, I am willing to do the research and planning. Butttt... since I've never planned any group trips before, you all better start pointing me in the right direction..:)

To book a room in Key West during Fantasyfest it is a good idea to start a year in advance...Middle Keys are the best you will do at this time. Diving is better so don't get bummed yet...

Lodging ranges from the cheapest of roadside motels at $40.00 to renting your own private island for tens of thousands. Moderately and diver friendly is Holiday Inn in Marathon with a Marina and Abyss Dive Center on property. They run fast 6 packs and get good reviews. Diving will be @ 68-70.00 2 tanks. Rooms will be 70.00 to 80.00 booked through the dive shop.

If any of your group are willing to brave hanging out together in a villa or condo you can sleep 6 and get a kitchen for cooking for 85.00 and up.

Based on double occupancy and 2 boat trips and 2 tanks it will cost @ 980.00 per person not including air, transportation to the Keys, food, tips, souveniers etc...

If you rent the island it will cost $12,789.00 for the week + diving.

SO I have this gross inability to read the YEARS on this thing. DARN! WOuld love to go sometime though,as Halloween on Key West just seems like SO much fun!

Kristey:eek:

Even if it a year old it is very timely for 2002. There are rooms available in Marathon or Islamarada and some people have expressed interest. The parade and another night will probably be enough for you of Key West unless you love touristy locales.

Anyone who is thinking of this trip needs to check airfare next.

about the whole week, but rather a long weekend (say, arriving Thursday night or Friday morning, and leaving on Monday). I definitely cannot do the whole week. Kristey and others, let me know what do you think.

Julia

Friday am through Monday would be perfect! (And MUCH MUCH easier for me to arrange!) Airfare airschmare....I NEED A ROOM! (One of the "lucky" ones to be employed by an airline.) I'll need to drive from Miami, but that can be handled easily, as from what I remeber...WHAT A DRIVE! :) (Hey, I usually see nothing but city or dried out desert when I drive somewhere.)

Kristey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom