Dive Key West around Halloween

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we are lookin at diving the summer would be better. If you all vacation / dive then halloween is better. If you are serious about this trip i would love to go.

Sgator summer is much better, lets see if anyone is interested

How about early fall? Cannot do August as I already have a week long trip to Akumal, Mexico planned and paid for. (Funny enough, the only refundable part is the airline tickets! LOL. Little perks of working for your travel!) But, I wouldn't give that up for a trip that's so easy for me to make.

If we can do mid to late Sept, that would be fine with me too. Otherwise, if there's enough interest in two trips, October for Fantasy Fest would be best for my sister and I. (And I'd LOVE to meet everyone in FLL or MIA and drive over! Save on rental car costs!)

Kristey

October for FantasyFest works best for me.
Cold in October? I dove in Key Largo last Novermber - the water was balmy 75 degrees, and air temps were around 90's. But then, I am from NY...:)

October also works best, then I can adctually AFFORD to go! (Try desperately not to use my lone credit card...trying to be a good girl!)
The water was 75??? Sounds wonderful! (Coming from someone who keeps buying blocks of ice to throw in her kiddie pool to cool it off!) And 95? Bit muggy I'm sure, but I'll take it!

WHo else is in for October????

To date it looks like it's Aquasport, Scuba Kristey and Juls. I found you a place for $1000.00 for 11 days 20 miles from Key West. Thats 333.00 each and if you get 3 more divers it will be $166.00 each. That is a little over 16.00 a day! You will never find it cheaper or closer to Key West. See my post that has cheap dive digs hyperlinked. Each of you should give the lady your credit card numbers individually for 1/3 and if you don't make it you need to sell your 1/3 to someone else. Each of you find a dive buddy or bubble watching friend to go with you and you are set.

I'd love to hit the keys for a long weekend during Fantasy Fest, but any more than 4 days is pretty much out of the question.

I started diving this year when the water was 42 degrees, so I'm pretty sure that what you Floridians are calling cold water is warmer than I'm used to seeing in August. If I don't have to wear 7mil, that's bathwater.

Again, if the weekend before Halloween works out, I'm in, but if it's going to be a 7 to 11 day trip, it ain't going to happen, bargain or not.

Sharing a condo rental is fine with me.

Same with me. I will do only long weekend, so the condo bargains for 7-10 days or more are useless for me.

"How about mid sept . October will be very booked in the lower keys" - the FantasyFest was the actual purpose of this trip, besides diving, wasn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom