Dive Kingston Nov 1 or 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to let you know, the email has been sent to the club.

Yesterday on the way to Fenlon Falls, I mentioned the Kingston trip and had a very favourable response.

All we have to do now is sit back and see who jumps at the opportunity first.

I'll let you know shortly. Ian

wlo93 once bubbled...
Hey Tom, just curious, what have the water temps been like in the last couple of days?

Do you have a drysuit yet??

Diverlady

Diverlady - no unfortunately I have not made a decision yet. Of all the gear I've purchased to date, this has to be the most difficult one yet. I was at Dan's Dive shop in St. Catharines on Sat looking at the DUI line and the Bares line. I was chatting with one of the guys in the shop and was told the DUI line is head and shoulders above the rest - but so are the prices it seems. They had Bares as well, but were not as enthusiatic about them.

One of the best features about the DUI I was told were the seams on the the DUI suits, which were apparently better in quality than even the Bares. As well, the DUI comes with a 7 year warranty.

Sometimes I think I should just plunk down half the cost of a DUI and get a Bares XCD2 or something comparable and if there are problems, it still wouldn't cost as much to repair down the road. I can even get a Typhoon trilam for half the cost of the DUI CF200.

Hi Chris,

I am getting a lot of response from people that had been wanting to dive the Wolfe one more time.

As you know, the Wolfe is a fun dive, especially for those new to the sport.

For them, it would have been great to do 2 dives on the Wolfe. With the plan of Munson/Wolfe, these "newbies" can't go so their buddies can't go... if you know what I mean. 1 of those pairs was me.

As for those that still want to go, I have 2 at this point. 1 is a very skilled advanced diver, the other is a cery confident BASIC with about 20 dives under his belt. Do you have a problem with his coming?

Ian

The munson isn't really too difficult a dive, depending on the conditions. The main concern would be the depth at about 100-110', which the newer divers may not necessarily be comfortable with.

Which is why I asked the question. Since I am not going, I am wondering if NTD or those on the boat are willing to dive (oversee) a novice diver.

If the new diver has been trained to dive to those depths and is comfortable going to that depth, I would say no problem. Also, if there is any sort of discomfort with doing any dive, deep or not, we will not do the dive. Period.

There should be other options available as far as dive locations. There could be worse things than having to do the Wolfe Islander II twice in a row. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom