Dive Land Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was there the viz was very good, the fish had character, and the natural look in and out of the water gorgeous. I loved that place.

I've got one dive in there a few years ago.

I had worked 12 hours from the night before and we left from the ambulance service to head out. I was dog tired before I even changed clothes. The weather was cold, rainy, and just not a good day for anything but going home to crash. Two hours or so after when we arrived the weather had only gotten worse, and my energy level was still dragging somewhere a few miles behind us.

We suited up in the rain, went for a short dive and when we surface was met with even a harder downpour. I think it was a mutual decision to toss the towel in and make the drive back home. While I would had loved to dive the place another time, I care not ever to experience the trip again like on that one.

Kenny

Hmmm I looked at the website and did not see much. Maybe it was down. I used to live in Pell City though and have got sentimental roots there. How far are the two mentioned quarries from there and sterritt?

Yep... they closed a couple years ago as Kenny referenced.

I've heard rumor that they will open if you get a group big enough, but don't know that anyone has done that.

The quarry is (or was) for sale for something like $910,000 bucks. **ouch**

If you reaaaaallllly want to dive there that bad and have that much in "folding money", have at it. :D

Needless to say it's been for sale for several years without a buyer :eyebrow:

Needless to say it's been for sale for several years without a buyer :eyebrow:
And should remain that way at that price. This thread must have been dug out of the basement. I seriously doubt the ScubaGal28 is still seeking this information.

My mom grew up in Glencoe and she was scared to death for me to learn to scuba dive because there had been a whole lot of diver deaths at Blue Hole through the years. Some ledge down deep that people would get trapped under. I remember when I was a kid going to visit my grandparents and driving past it and seeing the place full of swimmers. There's a part of me that would like to dive there someday but mom can't know about it.

I use to go here a lot. I will not ever go there again. The guy that manages the place is rude, unprofessional, and uncivilized. I have never had an experience as awful like this anywhere else. I was disappointed and absolutely ashamed of this establishment!

I was there a week ago with some open water students and Instructor candidates and had a wonderful time!! John Valdes, who runs the place now, was a wonderful host and extremely professional. He filled our tanks, checked on us several times throughout the day, and even opened the quarry on a day that was normally closed. I have nothing but good things to say about the experience and would recommend him and the quarry to anyone who seeks a solid diving experience.

John has really improved Diveland. He has added a lot dock space to make getting in and out easy. The viz is always good. I have always found John very nice and helpful. I wish he could get Madison.

Back
Top Bottom