Dive Logs: What does yours look like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...except I add a few bits of information in some of the blank corners and leave other parts blank (pressure groups, etc.).

lucid once bubbled...
WW, surely you can tell us the format they use.

I've seen it but didn't pay much attention. I don't do mine that way. Mine are downloaded from my gauge moded Vyper then I add in the details as to site and buddies. Its the only reason I carry the Vyper.

WW

Not only do I use my dive log as a diary I put stickers in it to decorate dives done on trips. My log is in a 3-ring binder so I also laminate and include a postcard from the locations I travel to. I have a "cheat sheet" for my computer in there as well as a couple of diving related cartoons and pictures.
Ber :bunny:

I use one based on the old agency log that I modified by deleting some non-pertintent stuf and then including Nitrox, some additional buddy information and other things of interest to me. Since I don't have a camera yet, I usually draw a picture on the back to remind me of the dive. It fits in the original 6 ring dive log that I received in OW. :)

I make my own in MS Word. Print out 100 or so, stick them in a spiral notebook and off you go.

Only have the basic info that is really relevant. You can customize to your needs. Much better than any log you can buy.

I use the cheap "divelogs" I note bottom time and max depth, date, total hours of dive time, and anything else that is unusual or noteworthy. I've filled 2 books already and am working hard on number 3

But I think I have settled on printing out on a 10cm x 16cm page from a "pocket-sized" diary/organiser. I upload the data into Suunto Dive Manager, and then copy the bits that I need into an MS-Word template. Then I print it out and save as a PDF.

I'll also use the reverse side to print out a couple of photos (if I've taken any) or to put any other notes that I can't fit on the first page.

One thing that I have certainly learned, is that it is well worth logging your dives! At one stage I stopped because I just couldn't be bothered, and I now regret not having a record of exactly how many dives I did, and what I accomplished and/or learned on those dives.

I've been making my own pages for a few years. About once a year I revise it a bit more, get them a bit more streamlined. I have them printed front and back, cut and holes punched at Kinko's and am good to go for another year.

My logbook itself is a zippered organizer made of cordura. I think you can find them in most dive shops by Trident. In it I keep business cards, ear drops, maps, small calculator, pens, C-cards and log pages. I carry my logbook everywhere, it goes in my carry-on when traveling, and I enter dives pretty much as I do them. I seldom go 3 or 4 dives between entries because I like to get the details while they are fresh.

I've been using a zippered pouch with 3-ring style for a while. It claims to hold 1000 pages since each page holds 4 dives, I should be set for a while. In addition to the vitals of the dive, I personalize the log by drawing pictures of whatever was most memorable (or what I want to remind myself of later) on every page. I love to doodle.

I just gave one of these same log books away to a dive buddy of mine. Cause he had been really bad at keeping his own records. So i took the 35 dives we've done together and filled in the first 35 dives of this gift. I included real photos from our dives and other photos. My buddy was stunned, felt good to give a gift that really matters like that.

No diver should forget the important step of logging their dives - providing as much detail as they can stand.

Here's the sheets I use

Mike D

Back
Top Bottom