Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might be interested in this:

IST Dynasty Single Lens Purged Mask

I have an Aqualung 1997 vintage mask that is essentially the same. The parts are interchangeable. I also own the IST Dynasty. I have no issues with it. I use the Dynasty exclusively. In fact, I've been considering buying another Dynasty, because I like it so much.

I've bought from shop709.com and it's predecessor, seavenger, and found them reliable and honest. Plus it is only $16 dollars+ shipping.
$15 free shipping. Looks like the Tusa to me. One is coming my way.

Wow! Low vol with a full view- not those bulky frog eyes. Says good for nose pinch clearing. Do you agree? Plenty of room to have lenses bonded in. Too cool. And the price is great.

Thé Tusa is great. It’s just full glass with no nose "V" to separate fields of vision.
I like the shape of the Aqua Lung because it’s like what I’ve had for years. I just recall how the black masks back in the day made me feel closed in. Thank you for reply.

Wow! Low vol with a full view- not those bulky frog eyes. Says good for nose pinch clearing. Do you agree? Plenty of room to have lenses bonded in. Too cool. And the price is great.
We will see, but it looks just like the Tusa we use. I see this is an M11 and doesn't have 3 windows. The Tusa used to be that way and I preferred it. I believe the M11 is a closeout and they now have an M12 with 3 windows that, surprise, surprise, looks like the current Tusa. Wanna bet on same factory?

This is the one I have used for forever. I have much too big a bridge on my nose for the low volume masks. Every one hits and hurts. I hate them. I have a far better wide view with this mask. I have exceptional peripheral vision and can detect motion through the side panels at nearly 180°. I have gotten used to not having a purge. Long live super retro. I bought a new one to have astimagitic prescription lenses put in and love the mask and the lenses.

Wraparound - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear

IMG_1845.JPG
Lol....I use the same aqualung wrap around style, but mine is a US divers. There is a picture on the Andrea Doria thread of a diver using one...in 1973. I usually get comments of.."I had one like that...in 1980". Still the most comfortable mask I have found for my Cro-magnon type head.

Just saw that it is a US Divers. Low volume...not so much

Jay

Last edited:
I really like your reg set up. Under arm with an offset elbow. Bet that reduces drag big time. I hate it on dive boats when I set up MY equipment one way and the boat monkeys redo it theirs- and yes how it’s been passed down for years. However, some of us are willing to think outside the box for better comfort

I really like your reg set up. Under arm with an offset elbow. Bet that reduces drag big time. I hate it on dive boats when I set up MY equipment one way and the boat monkeys redo it theirs- and yes how it’s been passed down for years. However, some of us are willing to think outside the box for better comfort

You let boat monkeys touch your gear?!? After the 1st don't touch my s**t warning, someone would be nursing some broken fingers!

Low volume masks don't need purges because they clear easy and quick, which is why there are so few these days. I bought what will probably be my last mask (50 years diving this year) it's not what I would have liked but it was the closest I could find. I do believe it's Tusa black silicone wrap around no purge, IMO a purge is just a failure point waiting to happen. Masks these days are more about style than function IMO.

... Just not wanting all black. In my head, seems too dark under there. The clear lets in more light.

That's what I thought too but got one cause I couldn't find the clear and wanted new for the script lenses. Once I dove it I found plenty of light because of the side windows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom