Dive master questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

call HQ - they'll give you the definitive word.

Maybe I should post my own thread but I have a divemaster question.

I got my DM through PADI about 5 years ago now and helped with classes most weekends for a year. But, I've taken a four year break from diving, all the while forgetting to stay current on my PADI pro dues. I see that I can renew online to the tune of $128. But, LDS told me that PADI 'takes away' (their words) instructor and divemaster ratings if inactive and not current on dues for too many years. Does anyone know if that's true? Do I still have my DM? I have a card that says divemaster on it... :D

I'm editing this to add that I'm not looking to *do* anything with my divemaster cert, I can't help with classes right now anyway. But I would hate to hit some year number and lose my DM, just to have to pay PADI yet more money when I am able to get back to helping with classes. If that makes sense.

OP, yes, call HQ.
Your card indicates a certification level....it does not indicate PADI Membership or the credentials to actually be a certified assistant.
If you still know how to get on the PADI Pro website, you can check your official status by putting in your DM number.
You are an Inactive DM. The card is yours, as is the certification. But, you are no longer a professional.
HQ can tell you what to do to get back into active status....but it sounds like you don't want to!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom