Dive Mishap Key Largo 1/13/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is why we all have to watch out for each other!

I can't attest to what happened yesterday but I can tell you that my wife and I dove with this company (Horizon Divers) back in June of last year. They were very professional and (I thought) did a great job. Many of the divers on our boat were obviously repeat customers who knew some of the staff by name and were known to the staff by name. That tells me a lot about a business when customers are loyal and return frequently. I even posted here on SB about this trip on previous threads,

As a matter of fact, my wife, who is a non-diver, did a discover diving course and then dove with this same instructor who got arrested yesterday. I was impressed by his professionalism and the attention he gave to my wife throughout the class and dives. He stayed with her every step of the way and helped make her first dive experience a great one. Unfortunately, he seemed to display a lack of common sense with his actions yesterday and I hope he didn't contribute to the actual accident.

Again, I cannot speak for what happened yesterday but our experience with these folks was a very positive one and I plan on diving with them again.

Also, just for the record, I have no connection other than that of a customer with Horizon Divers.

I am sad for the injured diver and hope she recovers fully and quickly.

This might be a good point to suggest that everyone stay calm.

The only thing we know with certainty is that we don't know all the facts, yet.

This is a fascinating situation. I hope the woman recovers, and I know I am waiting to hear more details before passing judgement on anyone or anything.

Just a friendly reminder to keep it...:D friendly.

Jeff

With all these posts....What is the condition of the diver? That should be the primary thread!

I totally agree with you! Hope she is OK.

DennisW:
I hope the diver is Ok.

I don't care if the guy was a former President of the US, he is an idiot if he truly interfered with a police investigation. That includes ignoring the orders of any police officer on the scene.

Agreed!

Hope she survives and is okay.

How the lady diver situation; she OK?
Do you guys know the link?

cudachaser:
My guess on the cop altercation...the instructor knew the gear would never get washed at the cop shop for 2 months and he was trying to make sure it wouln't rot at the cop shop
With all these posts....What is the condition of the diver? That should be the primary thread!
I hope concern for her life was more important than shop equipment rotting....but I agree with you, the condition of the diver is more important on the thread. I hope she is ok. I still get butterflies when I hear about these accidents.

Just to let you know, the original aritcle was posted in the KeysNews. i have been following it but there has been no mention since the original article. For those of you down that way, if you run accross the condition of the diver please let us know. For those of you who want to know, try keysnews.com

The diver is not doing well. That is all I can say at this time. My thoughts are with her, her family, and all involved, including the instructor and his family. I will give more info as I get it, if I can and it is right to do so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom