Dive Monday or Tuesday in Uvalde?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish you were going out on a weekend. I've been wanting to dive Chalk Bluff. Do you make it out often?

G

This is my first year in diving and I've been going as much as possible, basically whenever I can find a buddy. Throughout the winter I think I've averaged 2-3 dives a month. My buddies and I have been diving the Nueces River (Cooksey Park), Frio River (Concan), Canyon Lake, Comal River, Lake Amistad, and Medina Lake.

In October I went to Chalk Bluff with a buddy to check it out, but either the River was too low (and still is very low) or we were in the wrong place. We did some snorkeling and spearfishing, but the deepest we saw was around seven feet.

Weekends aren't usually good for me, as I work a screwy schedule, so weekdays are most common. With the new Administration's schedule I will have day shift and weekends off four months out of the year, so we'll see how that works out. I'm supposed to have my next "weekends off" schedule in May (it'll be the first time since last summer), but I haven't seen the schedule yet.

If you can get away anytime during the week in April, and you'd like to come to the Uvalde area, drop me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom